steering stem

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Allan_is_cool

steering stem

#1 Post by Allan_is_cool »

Ok i need some help. My speed has a steering stem problem. I really thought that i could figure it out but i guess i was wrong. The problem is that the steering stem dosent stay where its suppose to. It just pops out and then i cant steer, but i can hold it in pretty easy and it steers just fine. I would great if someone could post some pictures of the steering stem bearing areas, so i can see what its suppose to be like. I dont think there is anything missing and that the guy put it together wrong. By the way im new here just got the cannodale, that was the only thing that is wrong with it.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Sounds like you are missing the nut that goes on after it slides through the bearing assembly....

[img]http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=105244[/img]

Allan_is_cool

#3 Post by Allan_is_cool »

see i have that nut thats why im confused, its dark now so i guess ill look at it tomorrow

cannondale440

#4 Post by cannondale440 »

maybe the stock bearing housing has gotten damaged from a hard hit to the stem. That happened to me and I ended up with 1/2" of up and down play. If I wouldnt have fixed it Im sure it would have eventually gave way. The houseing for the bearing that is. I ended up getting a new differently designed billet one from diamond racing and so far its been great.

Allan_is_cool

#5 Post by Allan_is_cool »

i think that the bearing fell apart and that some it stuck to the steering stem. So i guess i might buy a new bearing