Axle Question

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
JST

Axle Question

#1 Post by JST »

Just received my new axle today a Dura Blue Eliminator 2+2.I ran one of these on my r years ago and had no problems ever.When I opened the box I noticed that not all the same parts were in the box as were with my R.The only thing inside were the axle itself and 2 one inch spacers,there was not a sprocket hub,axle nuts,the other 2 small half inch spacers,or the warranty card.Is this the way they are supposed to came,do I need to reuse my axle nuts and sprocket hub,and what about no warranty card?Whats up with that s#@$???

dawzie

#2 Post by dawzie »

Sounds like you better make a call monday ASAP

Brad77

#3 Post by Brad77 »

No, this is the way that the Dura Blue comes. You gotta use your Dale sprocket hub, wheel hubs, and nuts.

I did not know this when I ordered mine, otherwise I would have purchased a RPM.

Oh by the way, I used my original axle locknut when I first installed my axle because I had never had a problem with it, but on the Dura Blue axle I could ride for 10 minutes and the axle nut would be loose.

Solution, I purchased a LSR locknut. It looks cool, but I wasn't counting on spending that extra cash. The RPM comes with a locknut:(

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

..Hello,i dont know a hole lot about the Dura Blue.But I just put in a Lone Star in mine.I was going to go with the RPM also,but it was just to much for me,and I had also heard that with RPM's you have to buy the axle nut seperate??.Even tho I got a LS I still think RMP is the best.
Umm my LS came with sprocket hub,wheel hub spacers,nuts and thats it..It used everything else from the dale.Everything sceam to go great,only thing was hubs needed a woppo'n to put on.I havent ridden it yet so I dont know if im going to have a issue with the nut comeing lose...thanks

JST

#5 Post by JST »

Thanks for the help.

MotoX_Racer07

Dura Blue

#6 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

My dura blue was the same way. Came with all spacers needed. Dura blue axles are supposed to use most of your stock components (hubs & nuts). You are going to need a good press to get that sprocket hub off the stock one. Press it off evenly or your going to have a **** of a time. The only thing I had wrong with my Dura blue, was as soon as it was installed both of the threaded ends actually sheared off on both sides (looked like faulty casting the way it was all sandy). But even though I didn't have a warrenty card they covered it. Told them the deal, faxed them my reciept and then they gave me an extended warrenty paid my shipping and sent me a new axle. I had to send my old axle back is all the hasle I had.

JST

#7 Post by JST »

Hey motox racer07,did you meen that the threads for the axle nuts sheared off or they axle actually broke at the threads?

MotoX_Racer07

Axle

#8 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

The axle actually twisted right off. The one side broke tightening it, then I went to take the other side off and that twisted off ... Yeah it totally sheard off in a chunk. I havn't even put my new one on yet ... so hopefully it doesn't do the same

airtime

#9 Post by airtime »

i got the ls axle,it came with the sprocket hub on it. i can not believe the dura blue comes with out the axle hub. i would not buy an axle with out the sprocket hub already on it, what a hassel! anyway,my factory lock nut would not stay tight either. i bought a ( i think) rad nut, it has two locking scews and it has never lossened up (60 bucks i think) it maybe an aluminuimm speciality lock nut, not realy sure. but there was no way i was going to pay what lone star wanted for a lock nut.

claas900

#10 Post by claas900 »

..Well after a few weeks on my LS the nut has come lose 3 times,its starting to get old..ill try it one last time,then im going to get a new nut,hmm new nut,kinda sounds funny dont it?..lol...Later