Blaze Ohlins on 450R?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
RetroZ

Blaze Ohlins on 450R?

#1 Post by RetroZ »

Do you think Blaze front Ohlins would work on a 450r as far as action and handling? I know people have said that they don't work very well on a 400ex. I didn't know how far the off geometery is between the 2. Should would make it easier to build a new race bike if I didn't have to buy new front shocks! Thanks.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Whats wrong with the 450r stockers?

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

... I thought it was against the law to put precious Blaze Ohlins on a non-Cannondale!:eek:

RetroZ

#4 Post by RetroZ »

Just kicking around the idea of going to a Honda. I like to change every few years. I'm not having any luck with selling the quad so I'm going to use as much parts as possible, i.e. hipers, etc. I love the shocks but I don't think they will work very good.

450R shocks are ok for stock. I like the best out there. I just hate to shell out the $ for new Ohlins.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Well then I think the Blaze Ohlins would be all wrong on a 450R.Looks like your going to have to spend huge amounts of money to get 450r up to par.Mag reports say 06 Honda is worse than 05 suspension wise.biggrin.gif Just kidding here a little.I never tried them on a 450r.I do know they could be made to work but 450r shocks also can be modded to work great.Only way to know is to try them.Seems like Blaze shocks get bought up almost instantly and it isnt all Dale owners buying them.So odds are it would be worth keeping them.