Hiper wheels offset etc.

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
hnnblehscnnble

Hiper wheels offset etc.

#1 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

ok i have a moto axel and it is spaced all the way out(all 3 spacers) and im only getting like 48.5" wide in the rear.how do i measure what offset i have on my hipers cause im thinking that is the problem.which sucks cause i just bought tires for them and my rear isn't wide enough.i might be able to space it more but that could be pushing it.let me know.and if anyone has the right 0ffset on 9" hipers for mx so i can be 50" wide and wants to trade for mine let me know.we could just keep our colored rings and swap rims.:deal:

kyle

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

Does your wheels have dual bolt pattern? That's the easiest way to tell. 3+6 is what you need.
If you have 4+5 (dual bolt pattern) I'll trade you for a new set (with some cash thrown in)

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

4+5 ofset wheels should bring you to 50" with all the spacers in. with 3+6 offset you can go from 49 the narrowest to 52 the widest and 4+5 wheels should bring you to 47 narrowest and 50 with all the spacers. The moto axle is 3 inches wider shoulder to shoulder than the cannibal and blaze axles and then is goes 3 inches wider so if you have a cannibal and you are 46 with the stock wheels and you put a moto axle you will be around 48-49 and all the way up to 50-51 inches:D sounds like you are missing some spacers you should have 2 wide spacers and 1 narrow one one each side to get max width. Brad@Blackwidowatv know more about them then I do

hnnblehscnnble

#4 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

i do have the dual bolt pattern and my axel has three small spacers.and then 3 gold washers( i have the washers after the hub on the outside) on each side.should i add another small spacer(if i can find one at fastenall or something)?im so confused.

its not really a cannible or anything.just built froma ll of maz's parts.walsh swing arm atc.but i say i should have one big spacer and 1 small?how wide is the big spacer and how wide is the small.

so if i have dual bolt pattern its a 4+5?and are u talking about u throwing in cash or me throwig in cash. and are they nine inch, and what color rings.i have black and like black.let me know.i want to do this as cheap and easy as possible.kinda disapointed that i have to deal with this.i need the cheapest and easiest way.spacers,wheels, whatever.thanks guys:)

kyle

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

all of your spacers should be between the axle shoulder and between the hub to reach max width. No spacers should be on the nut side of the hub. And if you end up needing different offset wheels you can buy the different offset wheel centers on the hipers and change them out without buying new wheels. You can buy the hub for about 40 bucks each:D

hnnblehscnnble

#6 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

the spacers are all between the hub and the shoulder.there are 3 washers on each side, little thin ones like 1/16th thick,between the nut and hub.

so should i buy spacers from brad and if so a big thick one and a small one for each side or can i trade doug just the wheel centers.thats the aluminum that the carbon fiber bolts to and the hub bolts to it right?.i know im probably making this harder than i need to but i want it done rigth the firstt ime ya know.

kyle

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

Both of my Moto axles had 3 big spacers. Can't recall how big but they're all the same. Really wish I could remember the size though. I've gotten mine to over 52" before maxed out so it should be no problem for you.

hnnblehscnnble

#8 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

ok i have three black aluminum spacers 1/2" im width.and then i have 3 1/16" gold washers we used for i forget what reason.but they are between nut and hub.i think its my rim.i have it spaced all the way out with 3 1/2" spacers.ahhh!!!:mad: not mad at any of u just frustrated with myslef and quad.it was easier setting it up for xc.thinking about going back.

kyle

theJeStEr1340

#9 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

the outside whashers are so the castle nut will be far enough out to use the cotter pin slots.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Isnt one of the spacers cone shaped?The first one.Then 3.I think mine was at 50in last time I measured and I also have dual pattern Hypers.