Suspension help

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
CDaleChick

Suspension help

#1 Post by CDaleChick »

Well I got the Moto shocks on my quad. And I got the SSD conversion on them but my quad sits up as high as a utility quad... and it bounces very badly. It is one of the causes of why I wrecked. I need to know what can be done to fix my suspension..because it sits up way too high and bounces like a pogo stick.

Heres a small pic of me goin around a turn and you can see how bad the front end sits up.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Remember how way back I told you the collars were wrong?Did you ever adjust those?I believe the nuts on them were way apart holding springs up or something like that.I saw that on your Rider of month pic.

CDaleChick

#3 Post by CDaleChick »

i dont have those on the shocks anymore..those golden things arent seperating the springs anymore when I got the SSD conversion

KYmxracer52

#4 Post by KYmxracer52 »

this is obvious, but are the springs maybe too stiff for your weight? That could cause the excessive bouncing.

CDaleChick

#5 Post by CDaleChick »

Jeff said he ordered different springs for me and everything.. was supposed to be valved for 120 or 125 lbs. I have messed with the two adjustment knobs and really havent got that great of results. But maybe Im not doing something right? I know NOTHING about suspension

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

have to you turned the reb to hard so the reb is slower

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

Same thing w/compression. I had problems w/mine similar to yours so I just adjusted the rebound and compression. They felt a lot better but I also adjusted the preload, but I didn't have SSD's either.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Good point Jacob on Ohlins Rebound affects compression greatly.You want to find the middle and not go to many clicks either way.For MX you want rebound fast enough that when you push down on front then lift it as fast as you can the wheels should not leave the ground.Kara take some pics and turn adjusters all the way in counting how many clicks your at.

jacobw

#9 Post by jacobw »

on my rear I have the rebound almost on full hard and the comp in the middle I only have comp adj fronts

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

Not slamming anyone's work, but the ssd conversion is poo! Every quad I have been one with the fronts converted bounce and don't ride well at all. If you have the money you should just send them to Propilot racing. They are an Ohlins certified shop and I have seen and had the chance to ride shocks converted by them. Man they work like butter! One thing I have found out is that you should at least have your fluids changed once a season if you are racing. Twice if you got the dough.