light front end

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Blazinmoto

light front end

#1 Post by Blazinmoto »

I just bought my second Cdale and have a question. It has a Walsh 250r kit on it and was wondering if it changes the weight placements because it is very front end light in the air. I never rode a dale with a 250r kit until this one so have nothing to compare it to. The suspension is Walsh lt arms with Axis triple rate shocks, Axis dual rate rear. What can be adjusted to help with this? Thanx

Exodus

#2 Post by Exodus »

Could be suspension, I dont think the weight change is very big if any. If its adjustable compression, knock off a couple clicks and soften it up a little. If the previous owner was heavier than you the shocks may be valved a little off for you. Try that, and see if it helps, it could be a number of things. Is the sterring stem the same length as your other Dale, are the bars the same bend, foot pegs lower on the new bike. So many things can change the way the bike flies in the air to give a really good answer.

cdalemx301

#3 Post by cdalemx301 »

your seat height is lower on a 250r kit so i would assume your weight would be slightly dif compared to your weight distribution on stock plastic

USAMoto00

#4 Post by USAMoto00 »

I had to do some suspension adjustments after getting my 250R kit. The weight does change and so does it's center. The seat was lower and the mid-section was much narrower. My front end felt light and I noticed that I could simply lean forward more on take-off to off-set this problem or change my suspension settings to help out as well. The best thing to do is repeatedly jump a jump that you are comfortable with and make small adjustments in settings or body position to see what works best for you. Hope this helps some. :usa

Blazinmoto

#5 Post by Blazinmoto »

Thanxs for the help guys. Just 1 more thing, is it true that on Walsh arms you can move the spacers to create a +1 or stock setting. They are forward now and would that make the front lighter or not?

JST

#6 Post by JST »

Yes they can be moved but dont forget to move the ones in the lower shock mount also.

USAMoto00

#7 Post by USAMoto00 »

Yes, they are +1 with the spacers positioned on the backside of the heim's. Longer in length means more stability. You will love the results once you get it dialed in.:usa