My Axel is stuck!!!!

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cdaleman440

My Axel is stuck!!!!

#1 Post by cdaleman440 »

Ok i know i should not of left the axel bearings go on another rided but i was itchin to ride

so i have every thing on the left side of the axel off ie (locknut assemblly- rotor hub)
now i have swithed my axel out twice before when i broke my first durablue i had to go back to the blaze axel i bought and then back to the blue when it came all new and shiney in the mail:D

no problem before slid right out every time my guess is that a little ball from one of the bearings is loged in the middle of the axel now it gets to a certin point every time and just stops

It still spins but not vary well now the second guess i have is the bearing on the left inner side broke off an is stuck on the axel maby because the two on the right are just sittin on the axel but there free (i can still spin them)

So any help would be vary alsome see as i want to ride and i just want to ride yeah

thanks, Austin

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Banshees were notorious for this. Only thing to do is keep going back and forth. If that fails put a nut on axle threads to keep from damaging them and remove whole axle and carrier together. Find a press and press it out. If even that seems as though carrier is going to break. Try to get clip off sprocket side remove sprocket hub and try pressing it out the other direction. Worst case is your going to need a new carrier.

cdaleman440

#3 Post by cdaleman440 »

i figured that
my buddys blaster did this too we ended up destroying the axel with a big mall

ill just keep on swingin

cdrider02

#4 Post by cdrider02 »

The same thing just happened to mine (I hate to admit it because I thought I was better about maintenance than that) but it did. I pulled everything off the left side then pulled the axle with the carrier still on it, put the nut back on the left side and dropped it on the concrete on the left end to hammer the carrier off. It came right off but all of the bearings were in little pieces, even the races. The carrier,axle,spacer,and sprocket hub were all trashed, what was strange was that it was all still full of grease.

cdaleman440

#5 Post by cdaleman440 »

hahah omg i just did the same thing and yeah well the same thing happened. my carrier had a 1 inch hole in the bottom of it but now the main sleve is stuck on my axel so i will just have to cut it off
i was so amazed how much grease was still in there:eek:

speedracer

#6 Post by speedracer »

Same thing happened to me today. I cannot get the axle out of the carrier, granted its been awhile, but last time the axle slid right out. Any tips? BTW,I just pulled the carrier out of the swingarm along with the axle.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Find a press. Like I said up a few posts if it won't come out with press normal way take sprocket hub off and try going that way. What will probably happen is one of the bearings will end up being stuck on axle. Pushed right out of carrier. Then with both hubs removed its pretty easy to get bearing off.