Front wheel locked while in a bowl

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
TraumaRN

Front wheel locked while in a bowl

#1 Post by TraumaRN »

This weekend I noticed the bolts from my brake rotor backed out, causing my front left wheel to lock up at a great time (not doing anything crazy). I unjammed it and removed the thrashed bolt and tightened the rest down.
The bolt hole is trashed, no other damage noted. Will I be cool to run 3 bolts on that rotor for a while?

TraumaRN

#2 Post by TraumaRN »

*crickets chirping*
*cough, cough*
*more crickets chirping*

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

I ran 3 bolts in a rotor for a total of 5 motos one weekend racing and never had a problem so I would think you'd be fine till you can get some new bolts.

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

Trauma, if you remove the other 3 bolts, your hub will be back into perfect balance! smile.gif

wanablaze

#5 Post by wanablaze »

Originally posted by Canniboomer
Trauma, if you remove the other 3 bolts, your hub will be back into perfect balance! smile.gif

Don't forget all the unsprung weight he'd be saving, too! tongue.gif

fig

#6 Post by fig »

The same thing happened while riding my bike. Are you familiar with a helicoil? You drill out the existing threads, run a tap in the "new" hole" and screw in the new threads.

It's easy to do and a good fix. The kit costs around $25. Any good hardware store stocks them. Just take another bolt with you to make sure you get the correct size.

It will take you 10 minutes to do. Then you can run all of the bolts!

Don't forget the loctite.