Fox Evol Questions

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
CDALE022002

Fox Evol Questions

#1 Post by CDALE022002 »

I received a pm in regards to these shocks so I thought I'd clear the air a bit. I have been a bit reluctant to give out the part number for the evol shocks mainly due to the fact that I'm not sure what long travel a-arms everyone is using that are interested in the Evol shocks. Also it's an expensive mistake to make if you order the wrong shock , not sure what Fox's return policy is like..

The problem I had was , I'm running Cannondale Moto a-arms which gave me some minor problems because the lower shock mounting brackets on the moto a-arms at full extension meaning, with the front end completely off the ground the lower mounting brackets were hitting the lower Evol chamber so I had to do some slight modifications to the moto a-arms in order to get the clearance I needed.

What I did was grind excess material off of the lower mounting brackets so that when the a-arms went down to the lowest extended position the clearance between the Evol chamber and the mounting brackets would not hit each other. The only other issue I had was having to order four extra reducers for the eyelets on the shock mounts since both of the Cannondales shock mounts , frame and a-arm are 30mm . Reducer # 213-05-014-A

I have mounted these shocks on my friends DVX 400 with +3 Houser arms and there are no clearance issue's . Seems that the Cannondale moto arms are the only arms with this lower mounting bracket design.

It is your best interest to do some research in regards to weather or not these shocks will work for your particular application and I am more than willing to help you, nothing against Fox but you have to understand that they aren't in the business to spec out the Cannondales so they may be a bit apprehensive about helping anyone in the future.

I was able to obtain a part number sheet which covers many different applications for the Honda TRX, Yamaha YFZ, and Suzuki LTR with all different kinds of a-arms brands. The shock part number that I found to work the best was #830-10-203 for a 2006 Honda 450R w/ Gibson Mx +3. These shocks are 19.50 inches long even though the moto a-arms are +2.5 we felt the extra 1/4 inch wouldn't hurt especially if I ever plan to go to another a-arm at +3 .

The guy you want to talk to at Fox is Shain. He was extremely helpful . I've done enough research to get as close as I can to perfect without Fox actually spec-ing out the Cannondales so if you are really interested in these shocks you are not bothering me at all by calling me at 330-647-1180 , e-mailing , or p.m.ing me. Thanks Scott..

CDALE022002

#2 Post by CDALE022002 »

bump

CannondaleRider

#3 Post by CannondaleRider »

Any info as to how they work yet?

I'd seriously consider these if I ever got away from the Moto Ohlins

Thanks for the info

GDITheman

#4 Post by GDITheman »

i'd love to get a set of those. i sent fox an email a month ago and never heard from them. give us an update on how they work.

CDALE022002

#5 Post by CDALE022002 »

I'm waiting on getting my crank updated but the minute I hit the dirt I'll let you know. I am having a lot of fun setting them up with the pumps. Its really easy to get the response and adjustment you want and they feel great. I really think the Fox Evols are the shocks I was looking for.smile.gif

CdaleRacer0128

#6 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

You guys want to know how these fox float evols work?

Amazing. Superior to any other shock i have ever run, that includes axis, elka, and many other brands. I beleive PEP's feel very similar tothe fox evol's, but are nowehre near as easy to adjust or utilize. They are so smooth, suck up all the braking bumps, big airs, and everything else you can throw at them!

plus, they come pretty much dialed in from the factory, sweet.

I love them. highly reccomend them to anyone if
they can get their hands on a set for these bikes!

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

What about part numbers??

2000ex

#8 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Apr 7 2006, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about part numbers??

BUMP. Anyone else running the Evols on their dales???

2000ex

#9 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Oct 16 2006, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BUMP. Anyone else running the Evols on their dales???

ANYONE?

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Oct 27 2006, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ANYONE?

I would be if I could afford them.Lots of sleds are running them also.Durability is very good and they are servicable just about anywhere.PM Paul Hammerslay(4stmadman)He works for FOX.