Fox Podium Series

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jesshamner

Fox Podium Series

#1 Post by jesshamner »

Is anybody still using this shock? I have one on mine still and I can't stand it. I'm trying to adjust it now to work a little better but with preload only, its a little discouraging. The quad feels like it sits way too high also. I have trouble going around any turn unless I'm sitting on the peg. I'm going to try to adjust it to sit as low as I can get it without bottoming out on a small mx track. I'm sure it will be ok in the woods but I like to mix it up every now and then. Does anyone else feel like the cdale's stance is too tall with the fox rear shock?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I think you will end up bottoming when you back off the preload enough to lower it where you want.Also make sure your dont go so far that the spring retainer falls out.Timbo added a adjuster to the bottle and likes his Fox shock.Maybe look into getting a conversion from John at MX Tech.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

Thanks for the suggestions 27. However, I don't plan on spending any money on this scrap metal that they call a shock. I'll adjust it the best I can for now until I decide to drop some money for something much better. I'll be sure not to soften it up too much. I'd much rather bounce than bottom out. I realize that I'm not going to get the ride height down too much. From what little adjustment I have done already, I felt somewhat of a difference.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

A shock is a shock.Basicly all the same.Any can be made to work.Just a cost thing.

timbomoose

#5 Post by timbomoose »

If interested can get adjustable clicker assemblies for shock resevoir can.Also can get remote res. for speed ohlins.Did it to mine and a very noticable difference.Anyone interested please email or pm.