Torque requirements on A-arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
450guy

#1 Post by 450guy »

I have installed some Lonestar A-arms on my quad and can't find any torque specks in the installation guide. Does anyone know what the Torque specks are? It scares me when dealing with the aluminum frame. any help would be great. Thanks.

TricityCdale

#2 Post by TricityCdale »

QUOTE (450guy @ Apr 2 2006, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have installed some Lonestar A-arms on my quad and can't find any torque specks in the installation guide. Does anyone know what the Torque specks are? It scares me when dealing with the aluminum frame. any help would be great. Thanks.

According to Torque Specs in my owner's manual, it says they should be at 35 ft-lbs. I did that on mine and they seemed real stiff to move by hand, but they work good after a ride. Someone else might chime in with better info, but the a-arms need to be able to move fairly freely, otherwise, you are binding up your suspension.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

35 is right.If they bind hard after tightening to torque it means something is wrong.I have seen many with the metal sleeve siezed into the bushing.Loosening up bolt will allow good movement then but it will trash your frame.Plastic bushings are supposed to rotate on the metal sleeves/Flanged inserts.Not the inserts rotating on the bolts.That is why the bolts need to be tight.To keep the sleeves/Flanged inserts stationary.