TCS blaze shock conversions

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jacobw

#1 Post by jacobw »

Since I have the TCS rear conversion I am looking to TCS conversion for my blaze shocks I just bought anyone have any pics and a price they paid for the front ohlins TCs conversion on either moto or blaze shocks biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Why convert them for XC?The little you will gain in handling will be lost in a rougher ride.There just isnt much travel with Blaze shock setup to run ZPS.Heck of a good deal on the shocks though.

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

has to be as much travel as the elka standard travels i had they cant make the shocks travel any more than the balljoints will handle, they are also off the 02 blaze i dont know if it makes a difference and they are like 16 1/4" eye to eye the tcs conversion will work good with the rear tcs conversion I have on the rear shock, that is why i want the conversion, these gotta work as good or better than the elkas I had and they worked good. these also will be valved for the conversion TCs is setting me up with a shim stack for these.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Those are some nice shocks. Why convert them? I thought the blaze shocks were already setup for the XC scene. I haven't had any myself, just heard.

Pro400EXC

#5 Post by Pro400EXC »

they are a generic set-up..

For your average rider...

Nothing like a set of shcoks valved just for YOU

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

True.I just dont see them working very well if setup with ZPS.

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

Getting valved for you is one thing. But ZPS is another. I have elka rear with Pep LT fronts with ZPS all around. I gotta tell you, you will be low to the ground. I love being that low but I hit alot of items on the ground.

My rear shock is adjusted all the way out in order to raise the rear end up enough for clearance. So, the ZPS is completely wasted. The fronts I will have to double check.

DMAC10

#8 Post by DMAC10 »

HappyBoy

Dummy question on the rear shock??

So if you adjust the rear shock to its max it will give you more ground clearance, so if I do this it will sacrifice ride comfort.

I know dumb question, but I really would like to have a little more clearance for this weekends GNCC race.

Any opinion or instructions, I may switch from 20" to 22" tires, but would like to check out the shock option first.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

The 22's would do more for clearance.With ZPS raising the hieght would not have as much effect on ride since you arent changing the preload of the spring.It does change the rate though since shock angle will be different but normally should be a softer ride since shock will be in begining of travel.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

The ride is still pretty good. I used to use 22"s and liked them for a muddy trail. Big old super swampers. smile.gif For a faster trail I would stick with the 20's, you will be fine.

I run my quad at just over 7" ground clearance. I ride low to the ground as I feel faster in turns. I do smack alot of rocks though. smile.gif

Check out this article...
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377976