Got rid of 10lbs off front end!

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Everyone remember Timan and the infamous Ti a-arms?Long story but I mounted them for a trial run at Silver Lake dunes.This winter they will be going on my Turbo Drag quad.Goal is to be 300 lbs on that one with gas.Its going to happen.I had to use a digital bathroom scale for the Moto arms since my good grams scale only goes to 5 then errors.This is with the joints and all hardware tierods also are about 1/2lb lighter.

1 Stock Moto lower arm=6lbs
1 Ti lower arm= 2lbs9oz
1Stock Upper moto arm=4lbs
1Ti upper= 2lbs5oz

These are unreal!I think this Ti stuff is going to be addicting thats bad $.Sure is cool looking.Never needs paint either.

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

..I made some Ti tierods,but have yet to run them. They started out at 1/2 O.D.,i just threaded the ends to fit stock joints. Then truned down the rest of the rod to 10 or 11 mm i cant remember off hand.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool.Was it hard to thread?

P.S. you better post again check out your post count.Creepy!

yamadjs08

#4 Post by yamadjs08 »

Haha, very creepy.

Sweet arms for sure! Would they be strong enough to use for XC? What other parts could be done?

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I am not sure of strength.I will only use them for Dunes and maybe TT.Supposedly only set in existence.Lots of places for Ti.Bolts alone would probably be 5-10lbs saved.

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

Mr. Scammer told me they could be used for mx... Who knows what to beleive from him though..

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

TI is some pretty strong stuff. Its a pain to even cut.

theJeStEr1340

#8 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

some more ideas for lightening:
Take the bumper off, if you aren't going to run front brakes take the rotors off, trim the sails (fenders) take the steerign stailizer off, take the nerfs off, take the grab bar off, take the skid plates off, cut the skid plate mounts off the swing arm and cut part of the bottom of the cradle out, if not all of it.

Possibly use the old style swing arm (with the hole).

Oh yeah, lose some weight and always spit 2x before the race. lol

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Uhm I dont think most will recognize my quad at dunes.Plan to do much of that Jester.Sorry to say I dont have any fenders I can cut since guy I bought some from still hasnt shipped them.

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Aug 16 2006, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mr. Scammer told me they could be used for mx... Who knows what to beleive from him though..

Sandstorm remembers!Thanks again Henry.Wish this trip was going out by you guys to womp on you tongue.gif

J. Delaney

#10 Post by J. Delaney »

I could spend enough money buying Ti bolts to cause a divorce!