elka conversion

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
offroadfan

#1 Post by offroadfan »

Can someone post a picture of an elka conversion on the ohlins rear shock?

offroadfan

#2 Post by offroadfan »

alright well I guess I'll just take a pic of my rear shock because I have no idea what it is. It sucks though because the rear end squats down WAY too low and I'm afraid it will be using up all my travel (I havent run it yet). And the thing is the preload is already completely compressing the top little red spring. So I'm not sure what to do. I'll get pics up soon.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

The top spring is supposed to be compressed.Since it is a zps system.The top spring is basicly just there to keep the spring retainer tight so it doesnt fall out.To raise the back end just turn the "preload nut" down.If suspension becomes too stiff or still sags too much and you adjusted clickers to best you can then send it back and get new main spring of correct rating.

offroadfan

#4 Post by offroadfan »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 25 2006, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The top spring is supposed to be compressed.Since it is a zps system.The top spring is basicly just there to keep the spring retainer tight so it doesnt fall out.To raise the back end just turn the "preload nut" down.If suspension becomes too stiff or still sags too much and you adjusted clickers to best you can then send it back and get new main spring of correct rating.

But should that spring be compressed completely?

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes that is normal.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 25 2006, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If suspension becomes too stiff or still sags too much and you adjusted clickers to best you can then send it back and get new main spring of correct rating.

If you don't like the ZPS sell it and get a normal shock. the ZPS is worth more money than the normal shocks.

offroadfan

#7 Post by offroadfan »

thanks for the knowledge I had no idea thats how it worked. I haven't been able to ride it yet so I guess I was getting ahead of myself. Thanks