Broken shock

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

So last night I was swapping some wheels and tires. When my buddy lifted the quad off the ground, the lower retaining collar (that holds the spring on) fell off. It is broken in 2 places. What do I need to do to get this fixed. Do I need to send it off to someone or is this something that I could do on my own without and special tools?

I have a race on Sunday so for now I have some stock yfz shocks bolted up but they don't seem like they are going to do the job. I also have someone lending me some 400ex Works shocks if these yfz shocks don't pass the test. I will say this. The yfz shocks are shorter and lower the quad a lot! I wouldn't say that they are a good alternative. The 400ex shocks look like they are closer.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Take a pic if its what I am thinking you can just put a new one in.I have some used ones.Take a pic for me to be sure thats its not the whole eyelet or something.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

I might be able to get a pic for you tonight. Its not the whole eyelet. Its the collar that holds the spring on at the bottom. It looks like I would just have to compress the spring and then slide it on. It is a C shape that rests on the shock body and is held in place by the tension of the spring.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Okay I believe I have some.Fronts or rear?

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Fronts.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Like these?

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

That's exactly what broke!

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont know if it would get there by Sunday but we could try if you want to pay for overnight.Let me know.

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

The lower Arvins piece is "almost" the same for ID and spring fit, and appears thick/strong. It may be OK for temporary use with your Ohlins in a pinch.

"this message will self destruct in 8 seconds, Mr Phelps "

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

I didn't think to check the arvins. I'll dig them out and see if it will work. Thanks Dave!

27, I'm not going to try to get them here by Sunday. But I will need them. PM price and pay pal address.