Blaze Ohlins

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
speedracer

#1 Post by speedracer »

It seems that I can run Blaze shocks on +3 LT arms with out any problems like poping out a balljoint?No big jumps on this quad,mostly going straight. wink.gif Thanks.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

what the?

2000ex

#3 Post by 2000ex »

You can run them, however your quad will be setup for TT racing if that is the case. The bike will be far too low for any kind of trail riding or god forbid MX.

I have a few sets of LT shocks if you need the correct setup

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Are you sure you are talking about +3" LT arms or +3" regular arms?

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

There is a TT race in a couple weeks at a county fair that a couple of riding buddys are entering,always wanted to give it a try.Yes,+3 LT arms with Blaze shocks.It should slam it to the ground,not looking to spend money on a swaybar when I have the arms and shocks already.Thanks for the help!

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

I have done the whole ST shock on a LT suspension. I went wheels over head if you get my drift. The problem is going to be too much sag and they will be extremely soft. They will give in a corner and dip and potentially dig your front end into the dirt. Thats what happened to me. Looked cool but was very dangerous.

I would not suggest it.

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

Well, it will definately slam it to the ground, no question. Please be very very careful. Please test this out thoroughly before you try racing it. You don't want to the the guy everyone is talking about because of the spectacular crash you had.

speedracer

#8 Post by speedracer »

Thanks for the advice,a spectular crash is not on the agenda.So will +3 standard with Blaze shocks lower the front end?Happy,how did you get your dragger low?Thanks.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

oh yeah, its only like 3-4" off the ground now. I had the shocks setup for the height i wanted it.

cdale55

#10 Post by cdale55 »

LOL works great for ice racing, standard travel shocks on long travel a-arms ! I just put a set of polaris predator shocks on for oval and tt racing seems like it will be the ticket ! Just my 2 cents !