New LT A-Arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Psychosis

#1 Post by Psychosis »

For those who saw the post on C'Daler I now have all the information I need. For those who don't know, here's a rundown.

A new manufacturer has came in and offered to build arms. They will be identical to the newest ASR styles which are close to stock Moto shock length and will directly bolt to Fox shocks for that availability. I can have them made for stock Moto length as well since it is very close. Just need to know when ordering.

They will be high strength w/the best materials from a company w/years of machining experience. They have told me that the arms will come w/everything to mount up. Including tie rods, tie rod ends, ball joints, etc. The upper ball joints will be heim style while the lowers will be bushing style. Supposed to be very high quality parts and much better than the ASR stuff.

Only thing that I'm not sure on is the spindle. I was told that the spindle will need to be reamed out if not 14mm and I'm not sure the exact size on them. The only size available in the ball joint style being used is that, so can anyone check the spindles for me to see if that works or would need modification?

And now price and info: Price will be between $450-500 for everything ready to bolt up I am told. If I can get 3 people to order them at once when ready them they will be even lower for the first buyers. Not sure how low but told it'd say a bunch. So for those wanting some new lt a-arms for MX, this is your chance. Order now and get them for close to $400 from what the sound of it was. Top quality, made for your specific shock, and powdercoated in any color that you choose. They will be done very soon on the design and ready for orders before the end of the month.

If anyone wants more info or to get in on the purchase then let me know. They will always be on hand to buy but a small group order will save some cash for everyone involved. And to mods or anyone here: I'm not making anything off these. Just trying to get some new parts made at a decent cost.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Only issue I have with this is how do I know they arent some flybynight company who is going to be gone if a issue comes up?Give me some more info on them.Like how long they have been in business and what products they make along with how easy it is for you to get ahold of them.Only other issue I have is why go with moto length arms?+3 would be much better for rim fittment.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

This needs to be approved through the admin and given bleasing from him.
This should be handled alittle differently. These arms should be offered to one or all of the sponsors on this site. It would be up to them to offer and set the standard price. We have all dealt with and are comfortable with buying from business's like Black Widow, and would feel better with them handling this transaction.

This should be handled alittle differently. These arms should be offered to one or all of the sponsors on this site. It would be up to them to offer and set the standard price. We have all dealt with and are comfortable with buying from business's like Black Widow, and would feel better with them handling this transaction.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

For Sure

This part is your opinion.I think thats nuts

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

Second C27's statements above.

Also, I would be concerned as well about who is making them and will they be around, and will they stand behind them?

383astro

#6 Post by 383astro »

Has anyone actually had an a a-arm break? After you bought them what would you need the company for? parts? I was just wondering, not trying to be a smart@ss.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Ever hear of Diamond Racing A-arms?Believe me anything can be screwed up.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Psychosis I hope you dont get dissuaded by the drama.Timbo will make this very easy for you.I am in.Need a-arms desperatly.

383astro

#9 Post by 383astro »

fullflight arms no good? They have some on Ebay right now.

Canniboomer

#10 Post by Canniboomer »

These heim-joint styles are sure wearing out quickly -- they are merely Chinese tie-rod ends from the rigging industry, and the bearing area is very small compared to bushings. The industry-wide 1/2" male heims, like used on the ASR's, (very cheap), will wear grooves in your frame as they quickly loosen and rub from wear....and the ASR paint is just falling off of a New set here, since it's not even Powdercoated -- just wet paint over a red primer; the paint bond is very poor compared to PC. The better outfits will use wider bushing setups at the frame at least, and only powdercoat.