Current A Arm Options

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
GDITheman

#11 Post by GDITheman »

SWEET!

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

weld er up! What did ASR say about it?

UpsMan

#13 Post by UpsMan »

It just happened yesterday, I emailed them today. I'll keep you posted on how they handle it. This is when a company can really shine or really show their true colors. They claim to have a life time warranty. We will see. I am optimistic about them from previous contact I have had with them.

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

That ASR front end is not LT correct?

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats longtravel.UPSman you are really lucky you didnt make a trip to hospital.Always have seen Balljoints go but never a-arm unless a tree is hit.Are you positive the suspension wasnt bottoming out?Anyway how did you like the new indoor track?

UpsMan

#16 Post by UpsMan »

Its long travel. ASR called me right away this morning after they got my email. He was real concerned about it and said it is extremely rare for that to happen. The other side has a crack in the same location, so they are sending me both sides right away. I was pleasantly surprised by their great customer service.
The indoor arena was great. The Amsoil Sandbox Arena, I think it is called. I'll be heading back there this winter for some riding for sure. [attachment=4754:DSC01380.JPG][attachment=4753:DSC01373.JPG][attachment=4755:DSC
01388.JPG][attachment=4756:DSC01371.JPG]

UpsMan

#17 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 5 2007, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UPSman you are really lucky you didnt make a trip to hospital.Always have seen Balljoints go but never a-arm unless a tree is hit.Are you positive the suspension wasnt bottoming out?

The suspension bottoms out occasionally, but not bad. You want it to do that, right? I cased some jumps real bad last weekend at Tigerton (of all places), but I was more worried about the engine cradle than the a-arms. I had a bent bottom lower heim I just replaced, but I don't know how long it had been bent, or if it just happend. Maybe I am bottoming out too hard. Oh, the shock on that side was leaking a little bit. Not much, but a little.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Personally I will let the rear bottom occasionally but never the front.Have heard different views on that though.Bring the shocks over and I will freshen them and put updated seals in.Since they were just done I dont believe I changed seals when we set the shocks up?

UpsMan

#19 Post by UpsMan »

You're right, I don't think we changed the seals. I'll get the shocks off tomorrow. I hope I didn't bend that one when it dug into the dirt. It sure was a sudden stop. Well, the quad stopped suddenly, but I didn't. I am pretty bruised up. And of course I forgot to bring ibuprofen to work today. LOL..

UpsMan

#20 Post by UpsMan »

The new lower a-arms showed up today! I can't believe it! I talked to them Friday, and they are here on Tuesday, all the way from Utah. And, Monday was a holiday! American Star and the USPS get a big thumbs up from me. I'm real impressed!