Current A Arm Options

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
GDITheman

#1 Post by GDITheman »

I see the ASR's and Full Flight Arms on ebay. What are the problems with these arms and are there any other people currently making them?

I know Psychosis is working something out and that may be the route I go, but I wanted to see what out there now in case I get lucky and can do something sooner.

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

I had offered up getting JRD to make +1 long travel arms, but didn't seem to get much interest. The avenue is still open as he has my quad now I just haven't picked it up yet.

jwheat

#3 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Apr 25 2007, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had offered up getting JRD to make +1 long travel arms, but didn't seem to get much interest. The avenue is still open as he has my quad now I just haven't picked it up yet.

What length shock would you use on these a-arms??

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

I am pretty sure the 19.5" shock. I never measured, but I am almost positive that is the same as any long travel set-up for these machines.

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Derno,

There are actually a few different size shock set-ups. But, for the most part I have seen two options: Stock Moto Ohlin length & the "standard 19 1/2 inch length" you have mentioned. I for one don't care which size is used, unless it was bigger than 19 1/2". The reason is a lot of people have this size shock (or Moto Ohlins), and the shock can work with the arms (you can always shorten a longer shock, but you can't make it any longer).

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

My bad. Yeah I am amost positive the arms I gave him to spec out ours use a 19.5" shock. They are from Houser.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Apr 26 2007, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My bad. Yeah I am amost positive the arms I gave him to spec out ours use a 19.5" shock. They are from Houser.

What shocks are you planning on running in the front (19 1/2")? I know the results of the Elkas in the back the last few years, and you guys ride hard, just wondering on your shock set-up for the future.

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Front set-up is gonna be the Long travel Elka Elite's. i haven't yet heard or busted a front shock.....Although Colby who is working on the front shocks said the lower joint is bashed into an oval. So new lower joints in my future. Rear is gonna be a Kenny Campbell special rebuilt Ohlins from Pro Pilot.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

I don't see any problem with the fronts either. I think the no link rear suspension on the Dale puts an incredible strain on a rear shock though. I like the Ohlins for the rear as well. I'll give you a call to talk specifics....

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

Here is my asr front end.[attachment=4747:DSC01390.JPG] The good news is, they lasted two mx seasons, and they should get replaced under warranty. The bad news is, well, there is no bad news!