Best Steering Stabilizer?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
GDITheman

#1 Post by GDITheman »

I've decided I need a steering stabilizer if I'm going to run MX tracks. Are the PEP style ram type stabilizers good enough or do I need a Precision / Scotts style?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Denton Non-rebuildable.Set it up correctly so its not binding anywhere and it will easily last ten years and I believe they are cheapest also.I set mine on 2 or 3 of the 10 positions and leave it there.

GDITheman

#3 Post by GDITheman »

Do they have specific brackets for the Cdale? It's not listed on their site.

GDITheman

#4 Post by GDITheman »

Talked with Brad this morning. He is working on some stabilizer options. I'll wait and see what he comes up with. I'll just have to man handle the quad on the track this weekend.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Are the steering stabilizers designed specifically for each machine? I thought they were all pretty much the same besides the clamp that mounts to the stem.

rayspeed

#6 Post by rayspeed »

For recreational use I personally like the rebuildable gibson ones, they work pretty well considering the price. Racing may be a much more demanding environment tho. I would not know how to go about rebuilding or having it rebuilt, I have one I got used that could use going thru tho because it does not dampen as well as another one I have. The one that is for the yami 450 works along with a bunch of others like the hondas and such. If it has the universal mount that will go on round as well as square frames, it has alot of mounting adjustibillity. If you have the stabilizer tabs on the stem all you have to do is open the holes up to like 5/16" or whatever the bolt is and toss the stem bracket.
They are on e-bay used for around $100 used to $150 new

I could post a pic in a day or two if you want.

Ray

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

I've got a PEP but haven't been able to put it on to use yet. Anyone ever try one of them?

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

I had one on my old Banshee.It worked good but was only adjustable by moving the damper in the bracket to different holes.Do you know that the PEP ones are from a Volkswagon?I think the bus.Also to be clear I do NOT recommend the rebuildable Dentons.They bag out fast.The Non rebuildable ones are way to go.