Fox Rear Shock

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
speed 450mx

#1 Post by speed 450mx »

Are the Fox shocks that came on the 03 cannibals any good or not?

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

They work surpsisingly well. Not quite an Ohlins but not too bad either. Some people say to throw them out but I thought the one I have did a pretty good job. Haven't used it since 04 though.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

Well, for what it is...the fox shock does a good job. It's just too bad that there is no adjustment besides preload. If it was fully adjustable, I would be happy with it.

speed 450mx

#4 Post by speed 450mx »

has anyone done anything to them

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

I'm sure Rath Racing could take care of you.

rayspeed

#6 Post by rayspeed »

As long as ohlins can still be found in the $75-$150 price range in good shape... most reasonable people go that way for an upgrade. Reworking the fox to be comparable would cost several times that.
The fox shock does seem to work well for what it is but it is just not nearly as adjustable.
Ray

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

I agree.If you can find a adjustable reservoir that will fit They end up being a very nice shock even without rebound adjuster that Ohlins has.The
clicker can be bought and added but that alone costs almost $100 unless you can find one.Arctic Cat uses same one on lots of thier sleds so thats a place to look also.
[attachment=4032:Stock_Fo...leOhlins.jpg]

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Wayne at PEP says that unless you really know what you're doing with shocks and setup, you don't need rebound adjustment. He says he gets his shock rebound as close as possible for you and is an all around good setting. I imagine that most of the top shock builders do this for all shocks w/o rebound adjustment. I know Laz at GT Thunder does it too.

cobradaler

#9 Post by cobradaler »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Jun 27 2007, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wayne at PEP says that unless you really know what you're doing with shocks and setup, you don't need rebound adjustment. He says he gets his shock rebound as close as possible for you and is an all around good setting. I imagine that most of the top shock builders do this for all shocks w/o rebound adjustment. I know Laz at GT Thunder does it too.

how did u get ahold of wayne ay PEP ive been trying to get ahold of him for years phone is always busy.