Motoquad Front End

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
2000ex

#1 Post by 2000ex »

I just happened to be doing some searching around and came across this company. Anyone know anything about them? Aluminim upper arms that look like Walsh arms.

Looks like they can make them +0,+1, +2, +3 and in standard or LT. Might be worth a call for a set of +1 LT's

http://www.motoquadchassiscomponents.com/81247.html

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

Years ago I ordered from him months passed no show,called him to get my money back. Then I heard a few months later he went under. He wasn't a big dale fan when talking to him. If this is the same guy I'm thinking about?

RonDK

#3 Post by RonDK »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Jul 6 2007, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just happened to be doing some searching around and came across this company. Anyone know anything about them? Aluminim upper arms that look like Walsh arms.

Looks like they can make them +0,+1, +2, +3 and in standard or LT. Might be worth a call for a set of +1 LT's

http://www.motoquadchassiscomponents.com/81247.html

I saw that too...I searched it and I only found one member that owned that set up and he had no input on it.

Sand_Blaster

#4 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Looks niiice! I need a set of plus ones this winter tongue.gif

MOTOQUAD

#5 Post by MOTOQUAD »

Glad to see you found my website!

We do offer steel upper a-arms, and Long travel a-arms for the C'dale/ATK.

I also wanted to address the statements by Claas900.

I am a C/dale fan, although I do not like the geometry they designed the chassis with. It coulda been so good! Instead it takes alot of work to make the rear suspension work. I raced MX on a stock FX400 and had the issues that are very well known. Cannondale could have done more reliability work.

We are also working on a Dune Quad with a Cannondale 440 motor. It will be a custom chromoly chassis for Drag racing and general duning. The motor was my choice, because I believe Cannondale got that concept right. Everyone is going to fuel injection now.

Also, if there are any issues outstanding I will address them personally. Please contact me via e-mail, or the phone number on my website. I will not address them in this forum.

If anyone would like more info, feel free to contact me.

Keith Marx

MOTOQUAD@aol.com

2000ex

#6 Post by 2000ex »

Please give us some details on your setups? Balljoint style, etc. Pics would be great.

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

Well, he was going to build them with the stock style balljoints that we would have to provide, however he said he could build a set with spherical bearings with kingpins like the Walsh setup.

The lowers are a bushing style, and the tops are adjustable heims. They look like well designed units...he said 10 days to complete. I just need to make sure that the shocks I am planning on using will fit this application....anyone want a set of GT Thunder reworked Std travel Elka Piggybacks?

I may be the test pilot for a set of LT +1's and see how they work out.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Cool stuff. Good call on the ball joints. I would not want to use our ball joints in an aftermarket arm. Just use a std ball joint and get some bushings made up to make them fit our spindles. I personally like a nice beefy hiem joint but the joints like walsh are good.

2000ex

#9 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jul 10 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool stuff. Good call on the ball joints. I would not want to use our ball joints in an aftermarket arm. Just use a std ball joint and get some bushings made up to make them fit our spindles. I personally like a nice beefy hiem joint but the joints like walsh are good.

Well, I am sending him all the detailed geometry measurements next Monday, and should have the set finished and in hand in 2 weeks.

I am hoping to nail this setup correct the first time.

I will send pics and let everyone know my progress

2000ex

#10 Post by 2000ex »

The arms are complete and will be shipping out on Monday according to Keith at Motoquad.

I will certainly post some pics and comment on the setup on Thursday or Friday.