Roll Design LT a-arms from 400ex working with dale spindles??

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
m_mcgranahan

#1 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I just got my a-arms straightened and put on my Blaze and I found that the 400ex ball joints dont quite fit my spindles. The tapered part of the ball joints is smaller than the hole in my spindles. How can I make these fit? I called roll design and they said they don't make any adapters or arms for the cannondale. (these ball joints have a taper taht can be unbolted and a different one put in.)

Thanks for yoru help

God bless....

Mark

2000ex

#2 Post by 2000ex »

I would try calling Houser. He uses a small machined tapered sleeve that slips over the Honda style balljoint that is in spec with the Cannondale taper.

Yellowrocket440

#3 Post by Yellowrocket440 »

call canniboomer!!! He has exactly what you need for the honda to Dale tapers and they are stainless steel and not aluminum.. i bught some bout a month ago for my housers and worked PERFECT!!!! best i remember they are bout 5-7 dollars a piece!!!!!

m_mcgranahan

#4 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

Does anyone have contact info for canniboomer?

Thanks

God bles....

Mark

QUOTE (Yellowrocket440 @ Aug 2 2007, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
call canniboomer!!! He has exactly what you need for the honda to Dale tapers and they are stainless steel and not aluminum.. i bught some bout a month ago for my housers and worked PERFECT!!!! best i remember they are bout 5-7 dollars a piece!!!!!

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

I have more supply of the spindle adapters now. They are stainless, and do not compress to soften the mounting, like with the earlier aluminum ones from Lonestar and others. They are individually machined from solid rod, and will adapt any honda balljoint to fit our spindles. $5 each. Just call or email for a Paypal or credit-card invoice.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

They work great. This is one place aluminum doesn't work. Thanks for those Canniboomer!

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

So, how did this combo end up working for you?

m_mcgranahan

#8 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi UPSMAN,

They are great! Love the setup, they are great chromoly a-arms and the steel adapters from Canniboomer are great. The long travel Works Performance Pro G shocks are such a vst improvement over the stock Ohlins and stock a-arms. Night and DAY!

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Jan 13 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, how did this combo end up working for you?

UpsMan

#9 Post by UpsMan »

I bought some adapters recently so I'd have them if the need arose. I was wondering about the roll design a-arms and what length shock you used and also the stroke. I would imagine the stock long travel shocks would work. Did you have any problems with tie rods hitting anywhere? Any problems at all?

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

So let me get this straight...Honda arms with cdale spindles right? How was the camber when you bolted it up? If you adjusted it any, do you still have adjustment left?