Evols

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
theJeStEr1340

#1 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Who is running them and how are they working out? Also where can you get them from set up for C-dales and what A-arms are neccessary?

250rmike

#2 Post by 250rmike »

I am interested in this also I'm sure I can run them with my Housers but I dont see a C-dale specific model on their website?

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

I ran them on mine this past year. They work great. If you are interested in a pair I can get them for you. The basic long travel Cannondale/ATK setup requires a 18 3/4 shock with 5.7" shaft travel if I remember correctly.

250rmike

#4 Post by 250rmike »

Thanks for the info. I won't have the money until next season cause I just started a new job and got some bills to pay off along with freshening up my bike. But i'll keep you in mind for when I order a set. Are they really that much better I have run Elka and TCS and I would like to know how they compare from someone who has had at least one of those types of shocks on their bikes.

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

I have had Elkas and also Custom Axis. My Custom Axis worked very well but to set them up to work as well as the Fox, you have to probably spend some money trying different springs and different valving.

I would say the one down side to the Fox is they tend to dive in corners if you don't have the DSC. If you have the DSC you can adjust it out and it won't dive anymore.

theJeStEr1340

#6 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

what is the DSC? I was told with the Houser A-arms you have to use a honda fox for gibson arms, 19.5" shock and 5.5" of travel.

peterock

#7 Post by peterock »

DSC = Dual Speed Compression Adjustment. Basically lets adjust the compression for the soft stuff and then a seperate adjustment for hard stuff. Some call it high speed and low speed adjustment. Not the speed you are going, but the speed the shocks are compressing.

Yup, you will need to know what shock is required depending on a-arm manufacturer.

Psychosis

#8 Post by Psychosis »

I have a set w/the DSC adjustability. $300 more just for it but necessary for higher class racing. Problem for me: I still haven't been able to use them. Still waiting on cranks from Tim and have been since February. If I had the parts they'd be on and being ridden on this weekend. Whenever I finally get my parts back I'll post a ride review for sure.

Sand_Blaster

#9 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Can you get some for like duning and draggers? I'm thinking of a set without rezzies. I heard they are about 6pounds each.

peterock

#10 Post by peterock »

I would say for dunning you would want the adjust ability that comes with the rezzies. Not sure if they make them without.