Ohlins stabilizer? Rebuild?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
yamadjs08

#1 Post by yamadjs08 »

Hey guys, anybody know how much it might cost to get the factory ohlins dampner rebuilt? Maybe it doesn't need rebuilt? I've never had one before, but there is a little play in it, like if you move it back and forth there is a little play, but if you follow out with the stroke it feels like its working fine. Maybe this is how it is supposed to be? Any input would be great!

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Check that the drive pin has not sheared or the lever and pin are not worn out. That is a big issue with those.

Cmoto292

#3 Post by Cmoto292 »

Has anybody here rebuilt their shocks or stabilizers? Maybe give me some tips on the easiest way to take the shocks apart.

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

The easist way, by far, is to just send them to C27.
I have a spring compressor, but I only use that for easy external swapping.
For internal changes and routine service, everything goes to Steve.

For your Ohlins damper, send it to www.scottsperformance.com
Or, you can download the service manual and parts lists from that site. You will need the bracket puller tool, at least. It can be a real hassle to do just one, DIY basis. Those guys rebuild them perfectly, and replace parts only as required. I think the labor portion is reasonable. If you just need damper linkage parts, (not avail from Scotts), give me a call.

twostrokejedi

#5 Post by twostrokejedi »

Hey Boomer,

I am installing a Fastway FIT mount and an ohlins/scotts damper, but I need the bracket assembly and the link from the scott to the tower.

Do you have any of these?

-2T

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

Nope, I don't have the dirtbike bracketry, but thanks for checking. I think the setup for our triple clamp is fairly universal though. I know of guys having done that with parts from Scotts, and you might want to search out ' Emig Racing ' as I recall. I think they did a nice job for a C440 owner, and it should be the same.