Shock help

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
DMAC10

#1 Post by DMAC10 »

Looking for recommendations to get some shock work done.

1. Elka shock standard travel. Lower mount bent, so it will need replaced.
2. Rear stock ohlins with Elka conversion kit. bottom mount bushing worn, need replaced.
3. Improve valving, Focus more towards woods than MX

So any advice will be appreceated.

Hear is the front shocks, but bend can't be seen.

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

I'm sure Steve Spiering can you help you out.

2000ex

#3 Post by 2000ex »

Looks to me that your entire lower arm is bent on the right side. Notice where the balljoint screws into it is completely tweaked compared to the other lower side.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

I can do your shock work no problem.Looks to me like the a-arms just arent setup right.The lower joint on right arm is screwed in much more than the right.

2000ex

#5 Post by 2000ex »

Look at the tubing where the balljoint screws in...it is not horizontal like all 3 other arms. It is bent up causing the camber to be far too much positive hence the wheel tilting outward at the top

UpsMan

#6 Post by UpsMan »

Sometimes pictures can be a little deceiving, but it really does looked tweaked in the picture.

DMAC10

#7 Post by DMAC10 »

You guys don't miss a thing, thats why I think so much of this site.

In this pic I hadn't adjusted anything on the a-arms, they were just stuck on for a pic I had sent to someone. BUt they are all ligned up now, the arm that everyone was taling about was my new one, so it was just stuck on before I broke out the tape measure and set everything. You can easily see that the wheel is way off, but the lower aram are the same shape, I think its just the shiny new powder coat. LOL Thanks for all the replies.

Cannodale27, send me some contact information, and I'll give you a call for some shock work. No rush, Still no time to ride. But I do want to get it ready for when that time does come.

Thanks again everyone. Always appreceate the help everyone gives.

peterock

#8 Post by peterock »