+1 Long Travel A-arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Derno24

#1 Post by Derno24 »

Well as some of you may know I have been on a quest to find someone to make +1 LT a-arms for a Cannondale. Well with a little help for Kdeal and some leg work I found HREATV a small shop in Middletown, Pa who took on this project with the idea this may be the only set he makes. With that being said I wanted to share with you guys the finished product.

Well now I have no way of posting pics so I will just post a link to the forum where I put other pics.

link to pics!

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Nov 5 2007, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well as some of you may know I have been on a quest to find someone to make +1 LT a-arms for a Cannondale. Well with a little help for Kdeal and some leg work I found HREATV a small shop in Middletown, Pa who took on this project with the idea this may be the only set he makes. With that being said I wanted to share with you guys the finished product.

Well now I have no way of posting pics so I will just post a link to the forum where I put other pics.

link to pics!

[attachment=4937:Aarms.jpg]

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

so what do you think Papa!

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats cool.Not sure that I like all the tubing hanging lower than the a-arm though.Nothing a set of a-arm skids wouldnt take care of though.Great Job.I know how hard it is to get stuff built when you are honest and tell the guy he may only sell one set.Goes a long way to show his ethics when they do do it anyway.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 5 2007, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats cool.Not sure that I like all the tubing hanging lower than the a-arm though.Nothing a set of a-arm skids wouldnt take care of though.Great Job.I know how hard it is to get stuff built when you are honest and tell the guy he may only sell one set.Goes a long way to show his ethics when they do do it anyway.

That is the only way +1 LT for our machines will work. The lower joint creates the LT part. Plus you won't be able to get a skid on that unles you custom make one. These were designed off of the Houser set-up. With some thoughts put into improvement. Most of what was thought of wouldn't do anything. The way Houser built theirs seem to be the ticket.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Makes sense.If you feel you do need guards we could whip a set up I am sure.

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

They look great! It looks to me the tubing is there to protect the shock eyelet from getting smashed underneath by rocks.

I am still waiting on mine to be finished properly. Motoquad has stepped it up for me when the first batch did not fit. He is taking the specs off a local bike and will hopefully be delivering me the arms by the end of the month.

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

Derno, what length shock did you use with that, and will the guy make more?

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

I want to say 19.5" I will double check when I get the quad back from Randy. Yes he will make more. He made a jig for it.

Deityracer

#10 Post by Deityracer »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Dec 22 2007, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to say 19.5" I will double check when I get the quad back from Randy. Yes he will make more. He made a jig for it.

Now for the "imPOtant" question.. what is the cost for them at this time?