Shock covers

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
wayneschofield

#1 Post by wayneschofield »

My son Jake's birthday is soon and I was thinking about getting him some shock covers (among other things- I'm not that mean). He has a Speed with usual no-res Ohlins fronts and Ohlins rear.

Has anyone got any opinions?

It looks like Ohlins do their own covers, has anyone tried them?

Cheers.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Really Ohlins has covers?I remember factory had some that had a plastic ribbing and a mesh outer.Kept most dirt out and shock cool.If you have a link to the Ohlins covers I would appreciate it?

Otherwise I like the Neoprene style with zippers.

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

I use these after Outerwears disentegrated too quickly:

http://shockpros.com/

They are Canadian, but they were very nice, and even sent me an extra pair for free. I ordered the Long Travel Custom Ohlins covers for my Moto, in the American Flag color. They look great! Much thicker and a canvas style material, with SUPERIOR velcro compared to "the other guys". They still look great after about a year.

wayneschofield

#4 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 28 2007, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really Ohlins has covers?I remember factory had some that had a plastic ribbing and a mesh outer.Kept most dirt out and shock cool.If you have a link to the Ohlins covers I would appreciate it?

Otherwise I like the Neoprene style with zippers.

Here you go Steve....

http://www.ohlins.nl/index.php?langID=1&am...D=3&nsID=58

Any chance you could send the crank to my folk's place? My Brother comes back on the third I think so it could do to be pretty soon.....

Cheers

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes.Its in a box for Timbo but give me the address and I could ship it to your folks tomorrow.Thanks for the link.

SlOoT

#6 Post by SlOoT »

I have these.

wayneschofield

#7 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Dec 30 2007, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have these.

They look smashing, where did you find them?

NRath

#8 Post by NRath »

I've got a set of Dirt Skins that have held up very well. The fronts, anyway. I got them from R&S a good while ago. They use velcro instead of a zipper and stay in place very well. The rear lasted a few rides before finally melting through. It lasted a bit longer before it finally got to looking bad. I'm sure the rear would be a problem regardless who made it.

I've also got a set of Cannondale ones that are all mesh. Not really much for protection, but are unique. Got them used and I've never used them.

Those Ohlin's are sweet. Do they slip down the springs? Looks like they must not have any mud on that side of the pond- that's a clean machine!

wayneschofield

#9 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (NRath @ Dec 31 2007, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..... Looks like they must not have any mud on that side of the pond- that's a clean machine!

Oh we do..... My kids try to get all of it in my kitchen too.....

NRath

#10 Post by NRath »

Holy Cow!! Yep, there's a little mud there! Kids love that stuff- mine do to! I've been muddy enough times to have finally realized that cleaning it up is more work than it's worth, aka I'm getting old!