honda suspension

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Denny08

#1 Post by Denny08 »

Just wondering if the control arms and swing arm off a 87 Honda 250r will fit my 02 blaze?????

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Yes but use everything from the 250r. You can use the 400ex suspension too but you have to use everything. You may find that the tierods hit the frame in extreme travel and turning. I did a lot of research on it a while ago but I never got to try it. There have been people to use the honda set ups though.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Whats funny is alot of the racers back in day used the Cannondale spindles since 250r ones were very prone to breaking.Not sure how it affected geometry but maybe since thier a-arms were adjustable they just adjusted.So I would say in cases where you have adjutable camber and caster arms just arms are needed along with a set of spindle taper adapters from Caniboomer.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

Just do NOT use the honda shocks, the power's that be here will say that is wrong and will not work!

jwheat

#5 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (Denny @ Jan 11 2008, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wondering if the control arms and swing arm off a 87 Honda 250r will fit my 02 blaze?????

The swing arm will not work.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

The 250r and 400ex spindles aren't an exact match. It will throw the camber off. That's why you need to use the whole set up. The 250r is close but it isn't perfect. I would NOT use just the a arms. You can use the Honda shocks but the stroke length is about 1/4" longer than the Cannondale so you will get some binding. You could install a bumpstop to make up the difference. I'm not sure if using honda shocks with the rest of the setup will work. It might turn out that it works just fine. I need to try it out. I have a 400ex sitting around here somewhere. smile.gif

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

And no you can't use the honda swing arm but you can use a honda axle.

wayneschofield

#8 Post by wayneschofield »

A guy over here told me the 450R front uprights (I think you call them knuckles) more-or-less fit straight on.

I did wonder if the front hub assemblies were any lighter than ours..... knuckles, calipers, hubs discs etc.

Is there any weight to be saved do you think? (before I start on my caliper brackets and pistons)

Denny08

#9 Post by Denny08 »

QUOTE (Wayne Schofield @ Jan 12 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A guy over here told me the 450R front uprights (I think you call them knuckles) more-or-less fit straight on.

I did wonder if the front hub assemblies were any lighter than ours..... knuckles, calipers, hubs discs etc.

Is there any weight to be saved do you think? (before I start on my caliper brackets and pistons)

Thanks guys for all your input

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

To be clear I said Honda adjustable a-arms will work.Meaning aftermarket.