Front wheel alignment procedures

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
MI_CDALE_Rider

#1 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

I'm interested in hearing the different methods used to align a Cdale quad front wheels
say after replacing tie rod ends (other than eyeballing them straight)

I've seen the alignment sticks and have measured from the frame on both sides etc...

Just curious to see what you "Prodalers" do.

Thanks,
Ken

wright

#2 Post by wright »

go to Houser Racings web site and check there directions out, they have pictures and every thing you might think of

MI_CDALE_Rider

#3 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

QUOTE (wright @ Mar 18 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
go to Houser Racings web site and check there directions out, they have pictures and every thing you might think of

Thanks Wright for the info !

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

What I do is:

Get bars straight.Turn Dampner all the way up or use tiedowns to keep it from moving

Using a string or long straight pipe etc. Get fronts perfectly inline with rears using tierods to align without moving bars

Turn BOTH tierods 1/2 turn so tierod gets longer which turns front of wheels in

Take a piece of chalk mark one knob on each front wheel at front about halfway up.Measure distance between two marks

Roll quad so both chalk marks are at back but right below frame measure again at same point on marks measure again.

Measurement should be 1/8-1/4 greater at back than front depending on your preferance

Adjust BOTH tierods till you get that.

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

The way I do it is close to how Steve does.

First get your handle bars straight. Then ratchet strap them to the back grab bar so they don't move.

measure your tires from the ground up, front and back side and make a mark at the same distance.

Where I differ from most others is I don't measure from tire to tire. I measure from the frame. This ensures each tire is turned in the same. Measuring from tire to tire can allow one tire to be turned in more then the other.

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

I also thought your spouse to do it with rider weight on it also?

chunk007

#7 Post by chunk007 »

Also measure your tie rods them selfs to make sure they are the same length. IF not you could steer alot faster to one side. I measure My toein from the frame and make sure the tie rods are the same. Thats the way I set the race quads I work on.