Haulers or Extreme Haulers

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
wanablaze

#1 Post by wanablaze »

I have little experience with paddle tires. I'm 95% sure that what we're looking for is a set of haulers. If you've ridden the extreme's, would you recommend them for a dale (rather than the regular haulers)?

Also what's the best place to buy (price and shipping are of most concern).

Thanx in advance, wanablaze.

#13atk

#2 Post by #13atk »

I use the sand hauler which is a skat trak hauler knock off which are 122 bucks shipped off ebay.
Sand Hauler

They are 21x12x8 8 paddle on an 8x8 wheel and they launch hard out of the hole and are a pretty good play tire, great for wheeling. My friend has the haulers in the same size and I think they worked just as well as his. I had the extreme's before but I don't think they are worth the extra cash. But if you go with haulers rockymountainatv.com is the cheapest place I have found.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

Those Sand Haulers look interesting!. Maybe somebody offers them pre-mounted?. It is usually far cheaper than buying wheels separately, and then taking them to be mounted.

These guys do a huge volume out of a very small store. They are always busy, and have great prices. I don't know about shipping cost, since I always pick-up there.
And, I like how you don't have to remind them to keep the paddles in "sync" when they mount them. They are pretty good with comparison info over the phone.
http://www.smimotorsports.com/
I think my next set will be 8-paddle Haulers on 8" or 9" wheels, for better floatation and lightest weight -- 20x10x8 and 20-11-9 are avail in the Haulers. But I confess, I have not used the Extremes.

cool_dude_dotcom

#4 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

With 495cc you will probably want 9 or 10 paddle extremes. You want just enough paddle to hook up and launch but not too many that drag at the top end. When one paddle is just coming in to scoop the other paddle should be just leaving the sand. wink.gif

jniebuhr

#5 Post by jniebuhr »

I have ran 8 and 10 paddle extremes on my Dales and for me it comes down to where I will be riding if I'm riding the coast I go with 8's and Glamis and St Anthony's I run 10's (sand is heavier on the coast) either way you should run the extremes over the standards haulers Skat Trak makes good stuff I order directly from them.

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

Depends on the sand. I ride in Pismo in Ca. I run a 21X12X8-7 paddle Hauler. I'm sure if you run the extremes your going to have way to much bite for top end speed. I have a friend that runs Paddla Brats and likes them a lot but you pay for those.

gml1998

#7 Post by gml1998 »

For riding at Badlands in Indiana, I've been using AMS Aerospeed tires. They seem to work well on all the pea gravel dunes and hills as well as the trails in the woods.

cobradaler

#8 Post by cobradaler »

I've got extremes on my c-dale I run down at ls ok. They work great, I got them from Rocky Mountain ATV, best price I could find last year, that includes e-bay.

ACEwrench

#9 Post by ACEwrench »

Im still partial to Skat-traks, ive always liked their rideability on different types of sand.. Then again, i know the owner too so, i kinda feel obligated to buy them....lol

wanablaze

#10 Post by wanablaze »

Thanx for all the replies! I went ahead and bought the haulers. Turns out Rocky Mountain didn't have the extreme's for my dad's size rim. I'm hoping the regular haulers will be fine...