G Force Extended Hubs

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Speed 1B

#1 Post by Speed 1B »

I think im going to try these hubs out. They are on rocky mountain atv. They are pretty cheap and they look really good.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDet...7#vehicleSelect

I was going to buy a moto axle but in my oppinion these look like a better option for trail riding.

Anybody have any expierience with these hubs or this company?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Guys have had good luck with thier axles.Not a RPM but way better than Durablue for axles.I would think its a good deal.

Dachshund

#3 Post by Dachshund »

My brother in law has their axle on his Z400. Seems to be a fine axle.

Only thing I have heard is they had a problem with the splines stripping out on a few of the early hubs but they replaced them free.

Hey 27........I have a DuraCraaaa........errrrrrrrr DuraBlue. It is a fine axle. Just because I had to use a 50 lb sledge hammer to get the hubs on doesn't mean they are bad axles. rolleyes.gif

mydreamride

#4 Post by mydreamride »

We have a Gforce axle on our 400ex for about three years now and it's held up just fine. Held up to the abuse from my father first then the 400 was handed down to my little brother and it's still straight. The only problems we've had are the chrome plating rusting and the sprocket hub got eaten up (from my brother riding it with shot axle bearings)

Speed 1B

#5 Post by Speed 1B »

Thanks guys.

From what i have gathered looking back at some old posts, honda hubs add 1'' to our axles and then these hubs add an additional 3.5''.

Im worried that might be too wide for woods riding. This set-up will be .5'' more than a moto axle right?

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Depends what rims you use.Remember our axles are made for 3+5 rims.Just use 4+4 rims.

Speed 1B

#7 Post by Speed 1B »

Im using my beadlocks. They are supposed to be factory moto wheels. Ive had them for years but with the guy i got them from, its hard to tell where they came and what the offset is.

Ill have to do some measuring and see what they are.

Speed 1B

#8 Post by Speed 1B »

Its 45 3/4'' with the beadlocks.

The extended hubs would put me around 50''. Way too wide.

Looks like ill go with oem honda hubs to get an inch or maybe go with a moto axle.

Dachshund

#9 Post by Dachshund »

desertbound

#10 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (Dachshund @ Apr 28 2008, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a F.Y.I. The 400ex hubs that g-force makes will not work on the cannondale. I took the ones off my wifes 400 to see if they fit and they won't. I could of probably beat them on, but who would want to do that? Maybe the 450r ones will fit better.