squeaking...

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
MyCannibal

#1 Post by MyCannibal »

I have a sueak that I cant confirm where its coming from or what it is...If I push or pull the quad back and forth by the rear bumper the squeak seems to come from the rotor area...I took the caliper off and I see nothing rubbing anywhere...If I push it real slow its almost a like a cracking sound...bearings?...thats my guess...thoughts appreciated.

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

My grab bar squeeks when I wiggle it....

You can always jack up the rear of hte quad and wiggle the axle, checking for bearing play side to side and up and down....

If you ride through a lot of water crossings that will require regreasing a lot.

claas900

#3 Post by claas900 »

I'll bet its the bolt that holds the break caliper stay in place on the swing arm. Its a tiny allen bolt. I think you can see it threw one of the rotor bolt holes.

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

I would jack it up and rotate the axle. It should turn smooth. If you have a squeak, I bet it is the brake caliper. Check your pads to make sure they aren't worn out. You can take off the caliper and spin the axle and see if the sqeak goes away. Personally, I'd just ignore it until it gets worse. Then the problem usually is easier to find. Thats what we do at work....ignore everything until the truck just won't go down the road anymore. Then the mechanics can usaully figure out whats wrong. Otherwise they struggle to find anything wrong....LOL

speed2424

#5 Post by speed2424 »

My guess is it is coming from the carrior bearings.

UpsMan

#6 Post by UpsMan »

I vote for brake rotor.

MyCannibal

#7 Post by MyCannibal »

carrier bearings are my thought too...I removed the caliper and still have the noise...and I'll look for the tiny allen bolt as mentioned above...thanks.

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

Well, if you removed the caliper and you still have the noise, there is only one thing left. Bearings.

MyCannibal

#9 Post by MyCannibal »

thank you...thats the answer I was looking for.