Steering Stems

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
2000ex

#1 Post by 2000ex »

Someone on ebay is offering brandy new Arens stems for $50. I picked up two and they arrived perfectly. They are silver or probably "almost chrome" PC....did Cannondale EVER put these on from the factory? I know he has a bunch...perhaps they were for the 04's

joedirt

#2 Post by joedirt »

that someone is John Arens

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

I believe those are factory moto stems. Arens built them for cannondale. The black ones came on factory quads and the silver ones were sold by arens directly. Either way good quality stuff.

desertbound

#4 Post by desertbound »

Did Arens make the moto a arms like they did the other 03 a arms? I think I may buy one to have for a spare. Especially at that price.

2000ex

#5 Post by 2000ex »

I knew he made them for our machines, however never seen factory silver

joedirt

#6 Post by joedirt »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Dec 19 2008, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Arens make the moto a arms like they did the other 03 a arms? I think I may buy one to have for a spare. Especially at that price.

when i was a the factory after it shut down there were unfinished and finished moto a-arms so I believe the moto arms were made by cannondale.

m_mcgranahan

#7 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

ANy advantage to his stem vs the black dale ones? (weight? geometry? strength?)

Thanks

God bless...

Mark

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

I think they are identical to the LATEST black stems, except the Black one is higher gloss than some "used" silver ones I have seen.
Two silver ones here appeared satin-gloss and had the entire silver paint worn away underneath the stem bushing, and showed faster paint wear compared to the black version -- but 2000ex mentioned these new ones are almost chrome-like out of the box, so maybe my used Silver stems were not from the same batch.

2000ex

#9 Post by 2000ex »

They are identical to the latest stems. The only difference being that they are PC'd almost chrome. Either way he is selling them for $50 on ebay and I picked up a few. Does anyone know someone who straightens stems? I have a nice Walsh unit here that I turned into a boomerang during a bad wreck last season. It is def fixable, but not sure who to send it to to get it done right.