SS Suspension Bolts

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

I have been working on some SS suspension bolts. The first time out I used regular SS (A2) & it was a failure because they could bend too easily. The latest batch are of a much harder grade of SS that is equal to Grade 8 strength. They are a little pricey but they are sweet looking and won't rust. Wish me luck.

[attachment=7974:SS_BOLTS.jpg]

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

Well, good luck!

Were they custom cut for you? The long shank and short thread definitely seem custom.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Yep. My bolt guy does these for me. He actually polished these as well.

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jan 21 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. My bolt guy does these for me. He actually polished these as well.

For your drag dale?

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

You have a bolt guy?

Makes me wonder whether a "nut" guy is involved....

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jan 21 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For your drag dale?

Nope, too heavy. These are for the trail bike.

claas900

#7 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jan 21 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, too heavy. These are for the trail bike.

Speaking of when are we going to get some pics of the drag beast?

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

To be truthful there is nothing to take pics of yet. I have been collecting parts over the last year and a half. The engine case is at the best powder coater in the area as I write this. When I get it back, I will start assembly of the motor. I have all of the parts for the motor I was just wanting to get the case powdercoated and wanted someone real good to do the work. Timbo PC'd the head a little while back. On the chassis, I still need to get the custom parts finished (holy steering stem, lengthened swingarm, and aluminum a-arms). I still need to pick up some more custom items and get most everything PC'd. It will be all black, with just a hint of a different color. This project just has not been on the front burner. I just finnished two & half motors this past weekend and the wifey is screaming for some things to be done around the house.....(they are way overdue..lol). SO it will be a slow process, but I am determined to get this thing done this year.
ohmy.gif

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jan 23 2009, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be truthful there is nothing to take pics of yet. I have been collecting parts over the last year and a half. The engine case is at the best powder coater in the area as I write this. When I get it back, I will start assembly of the motor. I have all of the parts for the motor I was just wanting to get the case powdercoated and wanted someone real good to do the work. Timbo PC'd the head a little while back. On the chassis, I still need to get the custom parts finished (holy steering stem, lengthened swingarm, and aluminum a-arms). I still need to pick up some more custom items and get most everything PC'd. It will be all black, with just a hint of a different color. This project just has not been on the front burner. I just finnished two & half motors this past weekend and the wifey is screaming for some things to be done around the house.....(they are way overdue..lol). SO it will be a slow process, but I am determined to get this thing done this year.
ohmy.gif

Yeah I hear you. My wifes bike is bare frame right now. Hope next week to get some parts back from the pc. Then all thats left is the motor. I do plan to take some pics of the build. So we'll see.

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Well since I can't get the 12mm lower shock bolt in this new harder SS, I am going to have to go with Ti.... ohmy.gif

Man, I love to pimp my ride....... blink.gif

[attachment=8024:Ti_Rear_Shock_Bolt.jpg]