brake and clutch fluids

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
shovelheadsteve

#1 Post by shovelheadsteve »

Hey everyone i was wondering what fluids you all are running in the clutch hydraulics and the brake system? Mineral oil? And where to get it if it is the mineral oil?

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

Dennis kirk has the magura blood in a little tiny bottle or this larger one...
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_cata...tId=&mmyId=
Shipping is free if you can find enough stuff to total a hundred bucks.
For brake fluid it takes dot 4 which is one notch up from what most cars use.

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

Magura sells Red Blood mineral oil directly for $3 per bottle... You are in cold weather, only run the Magura stuff...

I run Galfer brake fluid to support them because they supported me by warrantying my Moto brake line...

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I think I've mentioned this before..after one season on the Moto the fluid that came in the clutch looked like it had a big blob floating in it. I had it recomended to me to use synthetic ATF. I put the Amsoil ATF in it back in 03 and haven't had any problems. infact I would say the clutch pull may be a little easier on the Moto compaired to the Speed which still has the oil it was shipped with.

Every time I read a post on this, I say I'm going to change the clutch fluid in the speed and check the condition of the fluid in the Moto but, allways forget to.

I guess I would say I'm not recomending the ATF. I just trusted the person that told me and figured the worst that could happen is the seals go bad which would mean rebuild or replace the master and slave cyl. The last couple years we haven't ridden a lot but the first couple we rode quite a bit in both warm and below freezing with out an issue

Dachshund

#5 Post by Dachshund »

Clutch:
ATF.
10wt hydraulic jack oil.
10wt or 5 wt Fork oil.
MOTOREX HYDRAULIC FLUID 75.
Blood.