steering stem problems

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
candyassmiler

steering stem problems

#1 Post by candyassmiler »

i already had a bearing going bad, or so i was told...you could pull up on the bars and the stem would move up and down around 1/2 inch.... after crashing, i can pull the stem all the way out of the hole, pardon the terminology, to where it wont turn the wheels anymore. whats the deal? whats gone bad? and what do i need? it also turned my wheels out a little bit...i guess thats where it pulled the tierods up...help

jcv440

#2 Post by jcv440 »

I'm selling a fix for this right now. It was going to be on my website by the weekend. It replaces the metal band that holds the bearing right now. It's going to be alot better design. It will use the 400ex steering stem bushing and circlip.

Send me an email at jcv400ex@hotmail.com

I don't have pricing worked out for this yet, but it's not going to be a whole lot. I want to offer it with everything included bearing and all. Then it's just a bolt on item.

candyassmiler

#3 Post by candyassmiler »

i emailed you homieslice.....email me back if you dont care hoss cat

Big Winky

#4 Post by Big Winky »

hoss cat? man, am I going to have fun with this one....... LOL

candyassmiler

#5 Post by candyassmiler »

i need help....i have to ride....whats wrong with it and what will fix it?

Big Winky

#6 Post by Big Winky »

jcv tried out our prototype steering stem base, says it's sweet. sorry, we had to make sure everything worked before we would sell them. I'll get a few produced this week. contact me, we'll set you up. see our website diamondracingatv.com for contact info. Or E-mail me at diamondracing@cs.com

candyassmiler

#7 Post by candyassmiler »

thanks big dingy...i mean winky...hah.....i emailed you guys

haydug

#8 Post by haydug »

How about posting some pictures of this set up here. I'm putting my stems in this week, maybe I'll take 2 of them also. Thanks guys, keep up the good work.smile.gif

Big Winky

#9 Post by Big Winky »

I'll get pics taken this week of the mount, jcv got the prototype, the ones we will be selling will have the steering stop built in to the mount. I'll make up a bunch and we'll see how well you guys and girls like them.

candyassmiler

#10 Post by candyassmiler »

when is the soonest i can get one of these contraptions and how much do i need to pay. i need this baby quick....really quick....lemme know