shocks...

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
kevin444

#1 Post by kevin444 »

got stock ohins on my cannibal. what shocks have been used off other quads. i may be able to get a hold of some resi-shocks off some new quads, but not sure what will fit or has been used before.

thanks,

kevin

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

None of them are exactly a perfect match. 400ex are close though. YFZ are way off. I think 450r shocks are a little long. 250r might work.

cdale55

#3 Post by cdale55 »

250r shocks are the same length 16 1/4 same as a standard travel dale

rayspeed

#4 Post by rayspeed »

QUOTE (cdale55 @ Jun 25 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
250r shocks are the same length 16 1/4 same as a standard travel dale

However you will need to use or make spacers or washers because the steel mounts top and bottom on a R are much closer together at the tabs.

kevin444

#5 Post by kevin444 »

thanks guys, we were playing around with some resi-shocks off a 09' raptor 700. they are pretty damm close, just a little grinding and a spacer or two should get them in there very nicely. how much improvement do you think i will see over my stock "possibly re-valved" ohlins? i already dropped down to a lighter spring, thanks "ray", but still have the hardest front suspension in what seems like the entire las vegas area! really been getting comfortable on this quad with air and speed, but really get beat up. Buddy putting these on his banshee, but they may end up on mine.....i'll keep you all posted.

thanks again....

peterock

#6 Post by peterock »

I would say that since the raptor is a heavier machine and that is what they are made for, they are still going to be stiff. Just do it right and save yourself some money and frustration and get your fronts valved correctly for your riding style.

joep1219

#7 Post by joep1219 »

QUOTE (peterock @ Jun 26 2009, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say that since the raptor is a heavier machine and that is what they are made for, they are still going to be stiff. Just do it right and save yourself some money and frustration and get your fronts valved correctly for your riding style.

i agree with pete, the stockers are a very good shock if not better then any res. shock on other stock machines. i would send them to the shock doc and have them set up for riding and weight. very quality work and a very fast turn around.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

I vote to stick with your stock shocks too. In my experience, the yamaha shocks have been stiff on any other machine. The geometry is usually totally different than a honda which is what the Cdale was based on. But the ohlins are great shocks. The just don't have a rezzie.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

Elka front shocks off a 400ex work great. And the stock ohlins revalved are great but they aren't ad good as a nice rezzie shock setup for you.

Trouble

#10 Post by Trouble »

yfz 450 shocks are awesome with plus 2 arms for me.im 200 lbs though too.