Arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
duke416ex

#1 Post by duke416ex »

Are the Blaze arms the same as the Speed and Cannibal? I knew the shocks were better as far as the dual rate and piggybacks, but was just curious about the arms and shock length.

Brad77

#2 Post by Brad77 »

Yes all the models had identical a-arms except for the Moto.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

A-arms are same as early ones. Not sure if they ever put the '03 style arms on a Blaze?
Shocks are a hair more travel on the Blaze.

duke416ex

#4 Post by duke416ex »

Seems like it is pretty hard to find a set of blaze front shocks. For that matter, I don't see any blazes for sale!!

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (duke416ex @ Aug 20 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems like it is pretty hard to find a set of blaze front shocks. For that matter, I don't see any blazes for sale!!

I know where there are two Blaze model quads for sale. Where are you located? One is a screaming good deal with a spare quad (rolling chassis & engine parts) for $2500.

duke416ex

#6 Post by duke416ex »

I am in KY.

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

Hey you made it over! Welcome. So what are you planning on doing with this quad? Midsouths? Trail quad? Maybe that can help us give a direction for the suspension.

duke416ex

#8 Post by duke416ex »

Well, I ordered some parts from Black Widow yesterday. Valve cover was shot, so I got it and an impellar. We are kinda going to get it running and go from there. Buddy actually bought it, but if I want it I can give him his money back. It may end up at a race or two of the Mid Souths, depending on how things go. I've got a 450r race bike and he has a 400ex race bike so it will depend on how the power compares. May end up just keeping it for a spare and a practice bike and just go from there.

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

In my humble opinion, the cdale is going to be better than the 400ex as long as the suspension is about the same. The Cannondale offers way more power and its just easier to ride especially with the hydro clutch if you have one. I came off a 400ex to the cannondale and never looked back. I would race the cdale and use the hondas (old reliable) as a backup/practice bike. Its nice to have a reliable backup/practice bike that never has anything wrong with it and always starts up. That's just not the case with the cannondale. I wish it was but I'm being honest here. My 400ex never failed to start except one time and that was because it sat in the garage for 6 months without a battery tender. I hadn't been on it in that long because I was ripping it up on the Cannondale.

duke416ex

#10 Post by duke416ex »

Yea, the worst part is he just set the 400 up a few months age, full long travel, 416 cam, ported, and a Revloc autoclutch. Probably one of the nicest in the around, for xc atleast. But I know the Dale is still going to out run it and probably be close or faster than my 480. Hopefully after a few updates and some time the Dale will be dependable as well.