Anyone ever try a long travel rear shock setup?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
m_mcgranahan

#61 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

So I have a shop ready to go to produce the part to convert to Long travel rear suspension. We need to get 20 people to prepay and it will cost 78.50 each plus shipping. I will have pics of an update prototype up here in the next month or so.

Thanks

God bless...
Mark

themadhatter

#62 Post by themadhatter »

id be interested man, let me know all the details yer.

cheers

Jay

Brad77

#63 Post by Brad77 »

So what all is required to make this work?

wanablaze

#64 Post by wanablaze »

If just this one part and a long travel shock are required, I'm in. Lmk where to send deposit. Thanks.

m_mcgranahan

#65 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

Yep this plus a long shock is all you need.

God bless...
Mark

m_mcgranahan

#66 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I have decieded to make a small of my prototype units so the skeptical can see that this really works and is a great setup :-) So if you are interested, just pm me and I will get things rooling.

God bless...
Mark

2000ex

#67 Post by 2000ex »

I am very interested however I would like to see exactly what the kit entails. Also what length and stroke shock would you need?

m_mcgranahan

#68 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi 2000ex,

You can run up to a 16 3/8 shock (16 1/2 is possible, but really tight...) and a 4 1/2 stroke according to my development notes.

God bless...
Mark

m_mcgranahan

#69 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi everone,

Just tought I would let you all know that I can now produce beta units in house for $78 including usps to the lower 48 states :-)

origdragon slayer

#70 Post by origdragon slayer »

For everyone watching this post I got mine a month or so ago and was so busy moving I hadn't had a chance to even look at it. Things slowed down to a low roar so...

The bracket is really nice and will work to get more travel on the rear easy to install and is actually not complicated at all. Though judging from all the machining it is a pain to produce. It is definatly worth well more than what he is charging. When I get the motor back from Tim I will be shipping the whole thing out to Laz to build a rear shock for this and let you know how it works in the mud!!!

The bracket comes with the bolt you need etc. it is all top notch stuff not cheap crap.

Oh and by the way there is no springs or sliding crap or anything like that to break!!! If Mark wants to put some pice up he can but I don't see that it is my place to do that since he designed it and built it. Good Job Mark!

Jonathan Krum

www.krumsperformance.com