Anyone ever try a long travel rear shock setup?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
wanablaze

#81 Post by wanablaze »

A television? ha ha, kidding. Mark, you have a pm.

m_mcgranahan

#82 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (wanablaze @ Jan 26 2013, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A television? ha ha, kidding. Mark, you have a pm.

Yep a tv and a huge billet of Al. ;-) Funny thing is I have never hooked up the tv... Got your pm etc. working on it :-)

Nate992v

#83 Post by Nate992v »

Do you have any pictures of this installed? Also, can you use the stock tank with it? Definately interested, Elka is closing out their Stage 3s.

m_mcgranahan

#84 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (Nate992v @ Feb 1 2013, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you have any pictures of this installed? Also, can you use the stock tank with it? Definately interested, Elka is closing out their Stage 3s.

Hi Nate,

It will work with stock tank only after you heat and reshape the tank a bit.

Nate992v

#86 Post by Nate992v »

Is there a procedure for stretching the tank and what it the total travel gained?

m_mcgranahan

#87 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (Nate992v @ Mar 13 2013, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there a procedure for stretching the tank and what it the total travel gained?

Hi Nate,

I did it with careful use of a propane torch to heat it till soft and then a pair of wet jeans folded over 2 to 3 times and sitting on top of the shock mount and shock. I heated the tank in the area to be bent and until soft and then used a rachet strap to hold it against the jeans/shock mount and shock. (The jeans speed cooling and give some space between tank and mount.)

You gain at least 3.25' of travel as I recall. (See the travel compairson pics on page 2 or 3 of this thread)

promod

#88 Post by promod »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 8 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two sprocket like rollers that spread the chain wider so the pivot point is concentric with the chain.With that AMP setup chain doesnt affect suspension.Believe it or not the original founder of ATK invented the AMP link.

Just reading this topic on the trick stuff you guys do to your quads...very interesting!, But was going to comment on the name ATK which like C27 says invented the AMP link, the company was founded by an Austrian engineer Horst Leitner in 1980, The name "ATK" is the abreviation of the device which Leitner patented (which is just one of his many patents!) in order to eliminate chain torque for a better handling, The AMP device which was originally called the A-Trak system was called Anti Tension Kettenantreib (German: chain drive) ...hence the name...ATK for his company then! , He is a very super guy and easy to talk to as met him several times at dealer shows back in the day, his bio makes great reading material for anyone interested in knowing all things invention related to motorcycles and other powersport machines! Just a little FYI for those that didnt know! wink.gif

m_mcgranahan

#89 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (promod @ Mar 17 2013, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just reading this topic on the trick stuff you guys do to your quads...very interesting!, But was going to comment on the name ATK which like C27 says invented the AMP link, the company was founded by an Austrian engineer Horst Leitner in 1980, The name "ATK" is the abreviation of the device which Leitner patented (which is just one of his many patents!) in order to eliminate chain torque for a better handling, The AMP device which was originally called the A-Trak system was called Anti Tension Kettenantreib (German: chain drive) ...hence the name...ATK for his company then! , He is a very super guy and easy to talk to as met him several times at dealer shows back in the day, his bio makes great reading material for anyone interested in knowing all things invention related to motorcycles and other powersport machines! Just a little FYI for those that didnt know! wink.gif

Thanks for the info. Now quit hijacking our thread wink.gif wink.gif

promod

#90 Post by promod »

QUOTE (m_mcgranahan @ Mar 19 2013, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the info. Now quit hijacking our thread wink.gif wink.gif

Kind of had a bad day yesterday due to my mom's health matter and hope i did not read into the statement you made the wrong way!, i was only trying to say nice job on what you were doing on the LTR setup, and just throwing in the trivia on C27's previous post ON THIS THREAD on ATK's for those that didnt know!, But if i took it the way it sounded (or even the way other members might have took it!) DONT disrespect me on this forum or tell me what to do on where or what i can post or reply to or on until you start paying the bill for this forum to operate which i dont and dont think you do either!....as i would not do that to anyone on here is disrespect them!, if this came from a ADM then thats one thing as i WILL go by there rules as i enjoy this forum and hold in high regard the few active members left on it very much and would hate to be cast out...as it would feel i lost part of my family!, if you did or do have a problem with me..please PM me or Email me with it and we can go from there!, but if you said it as just in a fun pun remark then im sorry for this reply, as i know we all kid around on here a lot on being a 2 wheel or 4 wheel rider...but thats all in fun, But keeping the drama off of here is a good thing as no one wants to read it unless its a warning to protect all of us from scam artist...as there has been enough in the past of that!!!!....Again if i read into that remark the wrong way im sorry for this post....Im man enough to say it on here!