Anyone ever try a long travel rear shock setup?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
m_mcgranahan

#91 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (promod @ Mar 20 2013, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kind of had a bad day yesterday due to my mom's health matter and hope i did not read into the statement you made the wrong way!, i was only trying to say nice job on what you were doing on the LTR setup, and just throwing in the trivia on C27's previous post ON THIS THREAD on ATK's for those that didnt know!, But if i took it the way it sounded (or even the way other members might have took it!) DONT disrespect me on this forum or tell me what to do on where or what i can post or reply to or on until you start paying the bill for this forum to operate which i dont and dont think you do either!....as i would not do that to anyone on here is disrespect them!, if this came from a ADM then thats one thing as i WILL go by there rules as i enjoy this forum and hold in high regard the few active members left on it very much and would hate to be cast out...as it would feel i lost part of my family!, if you did or do have a problem with me..please PM me or Email me with it and we can go from there!, but if you said it as just in a fun pun remark then im sorry for this reply, as i know we all kid around on here a lot on being a 2 wheel or 4 wheel rider...but thats all in fun, But keeping the drama off of here is a good thing as no one wants to read it unless its a warning to protect all of us from scam artist...as there has been enough in the past of that!!!!....Again if i read into that remark the wrong way im sorry for this post....Im man enough to say it on here!

Hi Promod,
I am sorry, I truly was just kidding around with you and did not mean to tell you what to do or disrespect you. Please forgive me. I am praying that your mom gets better soon.

God bless...
Mark
Ps. thanks for the kind words about that modification. It has been a fun, but time consuming process to get it to where it is...

promod

#92 Post by promod »

QUOTE (m_mcgranahan @ Mar 20 2013, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Promod,
I am sorry, I truly was just kidding around with you and did not mean to tell you what to do or disrespect you. Please forgive me. I am praying that your mom gets better soon.

God bless...
Mark
Ps. thanks for the kind words about that modification. It has been a fun, but time consuming process to get it to where it is...

Thanx Mark for the prayer for my Mom!, And am truly sorry for taking it the wrong way and for posting what i did...as i stated it was just a bad day and it hit me wrong and i jumped to fast...my old age & stress catching up with me i guess...but all is good with you on my part and sorry again for assuming anything...as you know what they say about that...as i guess it hold true...it made a %^& out of me!! Thank you, Sincerely, Mike

m_mcgranahan

#93 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (promod @ Mar 21 2013, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanx Mark for the prayer for my Mom!, And am truly sorry for taking it the wrong way and for posting what i did...as i stated it was just a bad day and it hit me wrong and i jumped to fast...my old age & stress catching up with me i guess...but all is good with you on my part and sorry again for assuming anything...as you know what they say about that...as i guess it hold true...it made a %^& out of me!! Thank you, Sincerely, Mike

You are welcome Mike. I have needed God's forgiveness each and every day of my life, so how could I not give the same to my fellow man, and especially a cannondale riding man :-)

God bless...
Mark

promod

#94 Post by promod »

QUOTE (m_mcgranahan @ Mar 20 2013, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are welcome Mike. I have needed God's forgiveness each and every day of my life, so how could I not give the same to my fellow man, and especially a cannondale riding man :-)

God bless...
Mark

Amen! biggrin.gif

m_mcgranahan

#95 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

So I was talking to a friend of mine today about this setup (He's an engineer and came over to see me milling part of it) Talking about the inspiration for this setup and the time I got my back sore carrying a cross at church, reminded me how much torture this long travel setup spared my back. (For those who care to see the message at church in which I carried a cross, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvleqBaeBsM

I used to be sore for days and days after riding. It was so bad I had to buy an inversion table to uncompress my back after every time I rode MX. Now I can ride without paying the price the next day!

Here is some gopro footage of me riding with it out at Sunset Ridge MX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izJsT_fttgs and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=darTMbY_zW0

God bless...
Mark

m_mcgranahan

#96 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

SO I finally found my notebook that I took notes in for having PEP build me a shock shim set. THe shock with the frame/sub frame 1.5 inch from the ground the shock is 13 5/16' eye to eye 12 inches from the frame/sub frame to the ground, the shock in 17" eye to eye. I found that for me (190 lb C class rider) I used a 425 lb main spring and a tender spring that I don't recall the rate of.

m_mcgranahan

#97 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

SO its looking like I will have an extra shock that is setup for a 180-200Lb C motocross rider that I could sell as a package with a set of my long travel parts if anyone in interested. This would make it pretty much a bolt up system just tell what style you ride and I'll take it from there. If you are interested please PM me.

Thanks

God bless...
Mark