My Cannondale Has YFZ Shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Juss

#1 Post by Juss »

The person I go my dale from traded the ohlins front shocks off the dale and put the ones from his 2008 YFZ450 on it.So how do they Front YFZ shocks compare to the ohlins?My dale is an 03 & I think its a cannibal.My rear shock is a fox shock.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I am not positive but isnt the stroke of the YFZ shocks longer?If so be careful if you run smaller front tires because your frame will hit the ground if shocks bottom out.As for your question it depends on which Ohlins you are talking of.Blaze and moto fronts are a better shock than 08 YFZ shock.Stock Cannible and speed shocks are worse since no adjustments.Glamis shocks are better than stock speed Ohlins.All can be revalved and rezzies added.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

All wrong. They are too stiff but they do offer a lower ride height. I'm not positive about the stroke either but I'm pretty sure its wrong. I thought the arvins were better than stock yfz shocks when I tried them.

Juss

#4 Post by Juss »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Sep 18 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All wrong. They are too stiff but they do offer a lower ride height. I'm not positive about the stroke either but I'm pretty sure its wrong. I thought the arvins were better than stock yfz shocks when I tried them.

I may throw these on ebay and buy a stock set off there aswell.These do feel way stiff.

Juss

#5 Post by Juss »

Ok so I don't want to speed more than $300 on a set of front shocks.Anyone have any ideas what I can get for that?If anyone wants to trade these YFZ shocks hit me up.

2mike18

#6 Post by 2mike18 »

QUOTE (Juss @ Sep 18 2009, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok so I don't want to speed more than $300 on a set of front shocks.Anyone have any ideas what I can get for that?If anyone wants to trade these YFZ shocks hit me up.

put a post up in the wanted/trade section. maybe I have been lucky but I have gotten standard ohlins non-rezzie for 100 so I would hope you could find a set of those for 200 or less and if your looking for something with a rezzie and adjustments look to spend 500 and up.

rayspeed

#7 Post by rayspeed »

I have a pair of nearly new arvins that were replaced under recall that I hardly used at all, bushing are tight and the yellow springs have no chips in them.
Would sell cheap or trade straight across and pay shipping both ways if that is the way you wanted to go.

Gibson265R

#8 Post by Gibson265R »

Aren't Arvins the shocks that "sieze up" for no reason?

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (Gibson265R @ Sep 18 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aren't Arvins the shocks that "sieze up" for no reason?

They came apart because a weld wasn't solid inside or something like that.

Juss

#10 Post by Juss »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Sep 18 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a pair of nearly new arvins that were replaced under recall that I hardly used at all, bushing are tight and the yellow springs have no chips in them.
Would sell cheap or trade straight across and pay shipping both ways if that is the way you wanted to go.

Hey can you send me some picks of the shocks?Are they what came stock?
my email

big.john.45@hotmail.com

Cheers
Justin