Questions about moto 440 suspension

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Ballistic Atv

Questions about moto 440 suspension

#1 Post by Ballistic Atv »

Hey,
I am possibly going to buy a new cannibal this week, and If I buy it, i would like to install the moto front end on it.
Now my questions are:
How many inches of suspension travel does the moto have in the front and rear?
If I got the front moto shocks converted to zero preload by the quadshop, would the shocks then be good enough for b or a class motocross riding?
Can I get the rear cannibal fox shock converted to zero preload also?
Does the fox rear shock come with a rezzie, if not, can i get that added to it?

Thanks

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

I can answer some of these questions.

Travel, around 11" front and rear I believe, maybe a little more in front.

I've been told that the quality of the Ohlins is outstanding and once their setup right they should be great for any class. I've heard great things about the Quadshops conversion and I'm probably sending a set there.

The rear Fox shock does have a remote rezzie, but no compression or rebound adjustments. Not sure what can be done to it.

I've got 1 spare rear Ohlins and about 10 sets of brand new Moto front Ohlins if you need them. I could probably even meet you somewhere and deliver them.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

TCS can add a compression adjustable res. to your fox shock, and make it dual spring set up, works real good, but not like the ohlins. You should invest in the upgrade ohlins if you can afford it, or buy your new cannondale from me and it comes with the ohlins rear, and a lonestar axle, then call Jaybr and get a set of fronts, then the "BIG WINKY" for a set of a-arms and you are ready for action.:usa