A-arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
KYmxracer52

A-arms

#1 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Does anyone know if 250R or 400EX A-arms will fit Cannondales? I thought someone told me they have the same geometry in the front. Has anyone ever done anything like this?

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

i am not positively sure but almost 98.9 % that they WILL Work..thats what everyone tells me anyway:confused:

jfarrar

#3 Post by jfarrar »

when i first got my c-dale i used my 250r a-arms but i had to shave the a-arm narrower where it attaches to the frame the spacer that goes on the bolt also.i basically used the whole frontend because the spindles are diff. as well.if you have the whole set up a-arms spindles ,hubs,brakes etc....and you can shave the ends of the knuckles down they will work.i think the same goes for the 400ex.

KYmxracer52

#4 Post by KYmxracer52 »

So you can't use the cannondale spindles? Could I still use my stock steering stem?

jfarrar

#5 Post by jfarrar »

i'm not sure if you could use stk spindles with the 250r a-arms because the upper a-arm i think has a different angle at the ball joint.but if that is not an issue than you would still have to obtain a spacer to change the taper of the balljoint.depending on what brand of a-arm you have they might have a balljoint that fits the c-dale for that a arm

KYmxracer52

#6 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Does anyone know if Arens Bros. have made their Cannondale a-arms yet?

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by KYmxracer52
Does anyone know if Arens Bros. have made their Cannondale a-arms yet?

I talked to them about 2 weeks ago and they weren't ready yet. Said it would be a few weeks.

KYmxracer52

#8 Post by KYmxracer52 »

thanks, I was wondering how much longer it was going to be.

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

I talked with them a few months ago, said it would be a few weeks then.rolleyes.gif

josborn

#10 Post by josborn »

I've done the same thing with a 250r protrax front end. We just chucked the arms in a mill, and found what needed to come off each side fo the pivots, then shaved them down. It slides right in. I can't see why the stock cannibal spindles wouldn't work. I know to have the stock wheelbase, it needs to be a +1 forward 250r/400ex a-arm set. This gets to Cannondale to 0 forward. that was direct from Mark Laeger. However, I heard alot of people complain about their quads jumping nose high, and I have seen people run the chasiss lower in the front to get it to fly right, but man that sucks in breaking bumps. So I run a 0 forward 250r front end, making my c-dale a -1. Talk about cornering on the fly, and it jumps comparable to the old Lonestar/Laeger 250r, very smooth. If you go this route you will need to add some spring rate up front.