Axis Shock Relocation Bracket

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
2000ex

#1 Post by 2000ex »

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...=axis&st=20

I finally had the chance to actually install this hunk of billet on my XC machine with a stock tank setup. It hits pretty bad with the stock tank so I spent a few hours with the heat gun today modding the stock tank so it would have enough clearance. WOW that plastic is some VERY tough stuff. It took a while but now everything clears with no rubbing.

I will hopefully get a ride in over the next few days and put it through its paces and report my findings. In pushing on the grab bar, it has a MUCH smoother progression than the stocker, or even my PEP. The Ohlins is soft at the initial part of the travel then gets very hard as you get into the last bit of travel with the PDS setup. I think this will be the perfect ticket for the nasty stuff without getting the jarring kick that can sometimes happen with the Ohlins due to its valving and heavy spring rate.

I will snap some pics tomorrow...time to head out with the wife for some drinks, and a comedy show.

wanablaze

#2 Post by wanablaze »

Thanks for doing this! Interested to hear your results.

SlOoT

#3 Post by SlOoT »

Very interesting. For me stock rear suspension is a bit on the hard side, so this mod would make it softer right?

SlOoT

#4 Post by SlOoT »

btw, I use a dirtbike rear Ohlins on my KTM250 conversion. That thing is very soft, spring rate is same as Blaze/Moto btw. The quad is used for mx racing, but I think it will also work very good for XC.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Sloot if you send me one of those Dirtbike shocks I can duplicate it in your quad Ohlins. First one is free just so I can copy the valving. Otherwise I have lots of valving combos to get whatever you want including removing the PDS. Only two rides on that combo. No MX and no Harescrambles yet.

2000ex

#6 Post by 2000ex »

Here are a few pics. Spent most of the day organizing the garage and my trailer for winter projects so I did not get a chance to ride it, but here are a few crappy pics from my phone.

[attachment=9543:Shock_Re...talled_1.jpg]

[attachment=9544:Shock_Re...talled_2.jpg]

fearlessfred

#7 Post by fearlessfred »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Nov 30 2009, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here are a few pics. Spent most of the day organizing the garage and my trailer for winter projects so I did not get a chance to ride it, but here are a few crappy pics from my phone.

[attachment=9543:Shock_Re...talled_1.jpg]

[attachment=9544:Shock_Re...talled_2.jpg]

how did this end up working for u or is that on another thead somewere

311racer

#8 Post by 311racer »

whatever happened to this?

WhiteZee

#9 Post by WhiteZee »

I may be able to machine some parts if anyone is interested in continuing testing. My 90 day probation just ended so I can find out if I can do some personal work.