Best handlebars

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Deityracer

#1 Post by Deityracer »

Hi,

what do yall recommend for handlebars? I have the stock fx bars... dry.gif

2mike18

#2 Post by 2mike18 »

i'm a big fan of pro taper fat bars various bends and multiple colors at a decent price and comes with bar pad which looks cooler than it helps absorb impacts.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

I hear the answer pro taper bars are sweet! wink.gif Actually they are pretty decent, I had a set on the wife's quad for a while and we both really liked them. But my preference are the Flex bars. Damned expensive but its a little more suspension for your arms so you don't fade so fast.

311racer

#4 Post by 311racer »

Im a big fan of the pro-taper cr hi bent myself.

UpsMan

#5 Post by UpsMan »

Flexx bars by Fast Co, the best ever, and also the most expensive. Otherwise, I like pro-taper.

Dachshund

#6 Post by Dachshund »

Flexx

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

Flexx as well, although I have heard great things about the ATV Fourplay bars...I just have no experience with them.

The other great thing about the flexx bars is their ability to handle a rollover or flipping. I have flipped both machines several times that I am running Flexx bars on and they are still straight as an arrow. Cannot say the same for any other bars I have used in the past.

The downside is they are expensive. I have bought both of my sets used for $175 each.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Not sure if anyone has them yet but Arens 1 1/8 bars sold by 4st Madman are a awesome bend very similar to the stock handlebarbend.If not those I like the Renthal Suzuki Quadracer bend.I have Flexbars on my trailquad and really I dont think they are worth the cost.Sure didnt make me any faster or more comfortable.

2000ex

#9 Post by 2000ex »

Those Arens ATV bars are nice as well, I have the black ones on my MX practice bike.

You do not notice the flexx bars as much until you ride some real nasty stuff or MX with them on a rough track. After you are done hop on another bike without flexx bars and go run the same exact track you just ran and there is no doubt you will notice a huge difference. You dont realize it until you try something else...much like how everyone chirps that x brand of shock is the best. The best is only the best of you have ridden for your setup. Most people dont fully realize that the best could be made even BETTER with proper tuning and setup.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

You could be right.Never really switched quads with someone and started the year with the Flex bars so I guess I may have had an improvement and not even known it.