question about rear shock adjustment

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
canniballz

#1 Post by canniballz »

Hey guys, Was wondering if somebody could assist me alittle in getting my rear ohlins ajusted. I am 5'10" about 210lbs. and mostly all woods riding(not ripping but not putting either). Maybe somebody around my size could get me in the ball park(How many clicks). Thanks

canniballz

#2 Post by canniballz »

Now i know im a fat a$$ but come on. O.K. how about 6 foot 200 pounds laugh.gif I have the factory settings for my dirtbike but im pretty sure the settings for the quad wouldnt be the same(It doesnt list in the atv manual factory clicks/settings for the rear ohlins) . Like i said, Its not that critical, Just wanted a ball park figure to make sure im not way off. Thanks

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

I would start with the adjustment in the middle and ride it and see how it feels. Go from there.

canniballz

#4 Post by canniballz »

Thanks bud, Ill try that then.

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Don't forget preload or I believe they call it sag. I'm not a big jumper so I set mine to about 1 1/2". My son was pretty light when he was racing and even with the lightest spring that olins would sell us I couldn't get enough sag, so we kept the spring just snug enough that it wouldn't rattle at full extension.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

That is how most guys run the preload.May have a source for the Moto, Blaze 90 rate spring.That helps alot also.As for setup I still think a good whoops section is the best place to setup suspension.Helps to have someone else watch you and make sure your wheels are following the whoops and not packing up.Most of that is rebound setup.Another way to do it is to compress the rear suspension at the bumper then pick up the backend as fast as you can.The rebound will be correct when the wheels dont leave the ground more than a inch when picking it up as fast as you can.Rebound controls this.Clockwise makes it slower and counter clockwise faster.For compression find a small 3 or 4ft jump and flatland off it.Make compression just stiff enough that it doesnt bottom hard.

canniballz

#7 Post by canniballz »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.