NEW!...Moto Suspension A-arm Bushings

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
JohnnyBQuick

#1 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

I bought a Glamis with Moto suspension on it this year. The control arm bushings need replaced (along with tie rods).
I bought one set and was amazed at the high price. That price times 8 points adds up to "Ouch"!
SO, I decided to develop some polyurethane a-arm bushings for the Moto to eliminate the metal bearing that came stock. Something like the regular Cannondale quads have, but the correct size and made out of polyurethane. Also using the metal "T" bushing like the regular Cannondale quads use.
These are being developed with the cooperation of Dave Muller at Canno-moto. And will be sold through him.
Here is a photo of them, by it's self and installed on one of the metal "T" bushings.
I will follow up with pictures on the install onto the a-arms of the quad, and do testing out on the dunes (tough job).
[attachment=9636:moto.JPG]

SlOoT

#2 Post by SlOoT »

Very nice, dave has a set of Moto arms from me, those will also be converted.

JohnnyBQuick

#3 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Dec 9 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice, dave has a set of Moto arms from me, those will also be converted.

He let me use one of your arms to get all the measurements so i could make the bushings.
Thank you!!
smile.gif

Johnny

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Good work Johnny! I could use some bushings for my houser arms if you are setup to cut them.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

When I ran out of moto bearings I drilled out the steps inside the moto arms and installed the cheap stock bushings. They will probalbly last longer in a moto than the standard travel suspension. Plus you can still grease them . Way to go.

JohnnyBQuick

#6 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

I could use some bushings for my houser arms if you are setup to cut them

Don't cut them Make a mold and pour them. Then machine the hats.

sjstar

#7 Post by sjstar »

got any pics of your glamis i want to see your setup because that is exactly the way im ganna be setup here shortly. I will be inline to get these when my bushing go out. Great job and thank you for you time that benefits us all.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Very nice!If this were out before I might have kept my Moto A-arms.Those little heims in stock Moto arms never made a season for me even with plenty of greasing.This should be a huge improvement.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (JohnnyBQuick @ Dec 9 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't cut them Make a mold and pour them. Then machine the hats.

Well shoot. How much to make a mold? These don't have hats darnit and the bushings wear too fast. They have an outer poly bushing that is tophat shaped on both sides of the arm mount with a center pivot bushing (very large) that goes all the way through the mount. Since houser doesn't seem to make these anymore or can't pull their head out of their hiney to figure out which ones are correct I am left with play in my arms.

JohnnyBQuick

#10 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Dec 9 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well shoot. How much to make a mold? These don't have hats darnit and the bushings wear too fast. They have an outer poly bushing that is tophat shaped on both sides of the arm mount with a center pivot bushing (very large) that goes all the way through the mount. Since houser doesn't seem to make these anymore or can't pull their head out of their hiney to figure out which ones are correct I am left with play in my arms.

And you don't have an extra to take a photo of?
Mold...$200