NEW!...Moto Suspension A-arm Bushings

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Canniboomer

#31 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (NRath @ May 13 2010, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking about commenting about a problem I've had with adding zerks to my stock, non-moto, a-arms with the zerks hitting the metal sleeve. In post#16, there's a pic of the A-Arm. Is that a small spacer added to the zerk to raise it up a little? I had been grindig the back off the zerk, but occasionally go too far and release the spring. I assume the spacer is a stock part, are they an industry standard item, or custom C'dale part?

I have started adding zerks to my balljoint upgrades of the standard A-arms. The 6mm zerks can also tend to slightly spread the gap of the Black bushings with outward pressure... So to install, I add the 2 black bushings first and pinch with a C-clamp, and then drill and tap for the zerks. That clears the way nicely.
For DIY to stock A-Arms, I'll be putting together some zerk kits with new black bushings, and will include 8 pcs of bonded seals to seat and boost the zerks, along with a drill bit and tap as optional. I've seen those Moto zerk spacers ooze under gun pressure, so a bonded seal may be better and does the same job. I have 2 types of bonded seals, and both are cheap...cheapest version shown in the pic. I agree that every stock A-arm set will benefit. If you need some misc pcs, just give a yell.

SlOoT

#32 Post by SlOoT »

Hey Dave, how are my a-arms doing? I kinda need them soon tongue.gif

You can leave all the parts out since I'll get them sand blasted and powder coated here.

Canniboomer

#33 Post by Canniboomer »

Hey Jimmy, yep ready to send out.....waiting for your misc list, and will leave the arms bare.

JohnnyBQuick

#34 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

Will be sold through .....Dave @ 360-574-2613

I'll announce when they are completed.

The Moto Polyurethane front a-arm bushings are now finished.
They have been delivered to Dave.

Johnny
www.PolyBushings.com

MX Quad Dad

#35 Post by MX Quad Dad »

You think a swing-arm bushing made of this would hold up?

JohnnyBQuick

#36 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

What's used now?

SlOoT

#37 Post by SlOoT »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Jun 15 2010, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Jimmy, yep ready to send out.....waiting for your misc list, and will leave the arms bare.

Thanks. Will make a list today.

Do you also have the improved upper ball-joints for my a-arms?
And what about the lower ball-joints?

Thanks

ronnoc47

#38 Post by ronnoc47 »

Dave, can you give me an idea what a complete set ( bushings, sleeves, whatever is needed for the conversion ) for my moto a-arms is going to cost?
Thanks.

wistech

#39 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Jun 15 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On my wifes moto I have a plastic bushing on the drive sprocket side. I use both inner sleeves and the end washer. We built a set last year with some factory protoype sleeves that were one peice. I went one step further this time and made it greaseable throught th ehollow swingarm pivot bolt .A upgraded studded one of course.
It has a unsleeved swingarm on it that are notorious for breaking the bearings .

MX Quad Dad

#40 Post by MX Quad Dad »

yeah wistech I have the same unsleeved swing-arm and you can see the outer race(?) cracks right were that hollow spot is.